Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster Fan Club

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Five Live did a very good summary of the changes Potter has brought to the team. Mention was made of getting Webster in and how he and Dunk carried the ball forward. It was shocking to hear national radio discussing Brighton clearly having done their homework.

Webster and Dunk both making Lawrensonesque runs at the opposition is wonderful to watch as they make up the yards. It’s been a long long time since we saw this.

Well said.

100% this.

I really like Webster, he does have deficiencies, but he is a solid
7 / 8 out of 10 every week.... He and Dunk are developing a good understanding as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The defender/defensive midfielder who can launch forward and ghost through the opposition..... Webster, White, Bissouma. All we need now is to teach them how to shoot and we'll have three equivalents of a Gerrard/Lampard hybrid.

I can dream, can't I?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
How do we sign up for the Adam Webster fan club?

His image rights are going to be worth a fortune.
We're lucky to have West Sussex's finest.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s not just his defending that’s gone up a level, it’s his ability to turn into space, beat a man or two and run with the ball into midfield.

A complete game changer which was starting a lot of attacks yesterday. This an aspect of his game that’s particular special, and as much as Shane was a legend, it’s something he couldn’t do in this team.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You can almost smell the fear of opposition defenders as this massive centre back steams towards them with the ball , dribbling round everyone.
One day he’s going to leather one in from outside the box.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It’s not just his defending that’s gone up a level, it’s his ability to turn into space, beat a man or two and run with the ball into midfield.

A complete game changer which was starting a lot of attacks yesterday. This an aspect of his game that’s particular special, and as much as Shane was a legend, it’s something he couldn’t do in this team.

Yes, as much as I liked Duffy we’re now really starting to see why Webster has replaced him.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Five Live did a very good summary of the changes Potter has brought to the team. Mention was made of getting Webster in and how he and Dunk carried the ball forward. It was shocking to hear national radio discussing Brighton clearly having done their homework.

Webster and Dunk both making Lawrensonesque runs at the opposition is wonderful to watch as they make up the yards. It’s been a long long time since we saw this.

Both of them still have a heavy touch when on the gallop, often resulting in lunging studs up at the ball and opposing player. Don't remember Lawro ever doing that! Something to work on and then he will be really dangerous in the right way.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
All the time Potter is trying to accommodate White and Webster in the side things aren’t going to plan. White is not a midfield player very good CB from what I’ve seen possibly better than Webster. Drop Webster for White Dunk Veltman, I would also replace March with BDB for two reasons March can’t defend when under pressure aka last night, lucky at Villa and two creative play is shite. BDB from the first whistle is constantly involved in play personally think he puts in a better shift and better at defending.

What are your thoughts on this post now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Both of them still have a heavy touch when on the gallop, often resulting in lunging studs up at the ball and opposing player. Don't remember Lawro ever doing that! Something to work on and then he will be really dangerous in the right way.

Tough crowd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here