Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster Fan Club

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Webster stepping out with the ball into midfield and beyond has added a real dynamic to our play. Couple of times he did it yesterday, while a bit of risk, it completely opened up the opposition and our options. He had me purring a couple of times. With his stepping out with the ball and Lewis’s long passes, we really do carry a threat right from our centre backs.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Given that he may be his new Rohan Ince, expect a certain septuagenarian to be incoming.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We do and it’s a big part of his game. He sees space he drives into it. Slowly getting up to speed with the PL but still prone to being caught out as with the 2nd yesterday with runners in behind him. Still young though and has a lot of potential to get better at this level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Five Live did a very good summary of the changes Potter has brought to the team. Mention was made of getting Webster in and how he and Dunk carried the ball forward. It was shocking to hear national radio discussing Brighton clearly having done their homework.

Webster and Dunk both making Lawrensonesque runs at the opposition is wonderful to watch as they make up the yards. It’s been a long long time since we saw this.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Has given away 3 goals already this season. As much as I love his attacking prowess he really needs to sort out the defensive side of his game.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yeh. Shame he can't defend as well as Duffy though.

He’s not as good in the air, but he’s as good on the ground as Duffy. He’s just a different type of defender. Duffy got caught out in the way he did for the second on countless times last year, and Duffy spent most of his time playing in a low block, which makes it easier to defend such runs. He’ll improve though, I’ve no doubt about that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Has given away 3 goals already this season. As much as I love his attacking prowess he really needs to sort out the defensive side of his game.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Agree but I'm confident he will learn. First season in the Premier and even Lewis still used to make the occasional mistake at that age :wink:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The issue for Evertons 2nd was the lack of pressure from Midifeld which came about from our change of formation once Trossard came on. A common theme following a substitution for many clubs

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Webster and El Greyhoundo both marauding forward refusing to defend.
Big Burn, Big Burn, Big Dan Burn charging forward in the 94th minute.

The stuff of Keggy Keegy's incredibly moist dreams.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Webster stepping out with the ball into midfield and beyond has added a real dynamic to our play. Couple of times he did it yesterday, while a bit of risk, it completely opened up the opposition and our options. He had me purring a couple of times. With his stepping out with the ball and Lewis’s long passes, we really do carry a threat right from our centre backs.

Yesterday wasn’t his best game but overall, and so far, he’s been great. I hear what you’re saying about risk....he has cover when there’s three centre backs; less so when it’s a flat back four. Maybe restrict his runs to when we have an appropriate formation?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PS very much in the fan club; a very astute signing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeh. Shame he can't defend as well as Duffy though.

Was my first though reading the OP post. I think both Webster and Burn are not good enough in the air, partly due to where they stand. I can't see Everton scoring from that corner with Duffer on. That said, swings and roundabouts and we are overall gaining from the change.

Shame about the faffing about at the back and the slowness at actually getting it forward, yesterday, though, before Leo came on....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Defensively, he just lacks strength. Positionally, he is quite sound, but yesterday felt he was bullied and things he should have comfortably been winning and attacking he was missing out on.

Hopefully, we'll work on his strength.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The problem with no Duffy is that every set piece coming into our box is now a lottery as to whether we win it and clear it away.
Duffy’s head is a magnet to the ball and I rarely felt worried when we conceded a corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here