Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton fans.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Did you watch the destruction of Saints on Friday night. Question, would you have stayed to the bitter end , as did a lot of them. You have to admire their dedication to their club, atrocious weather, atrocious football by Saints but still they sat there. Personally I would have called time at half time.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you’d managed not to leave at HT you probably would have stayed. But frankly I’d probably be too angry not to have left in disgust. 5 nil at home before HT is going to boil most fans piss and test their loyalty. Atrocious weather and October fixture...nah, very few must waited until the final whistle.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would have stayed for the whole thing, if only to see the answer to your question. I was amused during the Bournemouth game last season when we were 4-0 down with a minute or two of injury time left and there was a section of our fanbase who were fine to stay, but with the fifth going in making it 5-0, well that was too much, even though there was only one minute left they got up and stormed out. As it we might have come back from 4-0. Weird where people's tolerance is.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Did you watch the destruction of Saints on Friday night. Question, would you have stayed to the bitter end , as did a lot of them. You have to admire their dedication to their club, atrocious weather, atrocious football by Saints but still they sat there. Personally I would have called time at half time.

A quote from you on another thread.

"I can never understand the mentality of leaving early. A season ticket is not cheap, neither is an individual ticket on a one of match. Would those same people leave a cinema 5 - 10mins before the end of the film, I dont think so. Just so they are on the first bus out. If time is precious to those people then footies not the ideal thing for them."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr asked the same.

My conclusion was:-

If, and that's an IF, we'd stayed through halftime we definitely would have stayed till the end in a mixture of gallows humour, life lesson and pride at our own stupidity.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A quote from you on another thread.

Would those same people leave a cinema 5 - 10mins before the end of the film, I dont think so. Just so they are on the first bus out. If time is precious to those people then footies not the ideal thing for them."

I would walk out the pictures if it was shit!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would have posted a “Should I stay or should I go” poll on here from my phone and done what the majority voted 15 mins after posting. :wink:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Always stay and clap the team off. :ffsparr:

I wonder if any of the remaining fans did clap them off. That would be odd. In fact, I wonder how they did react, or even if any of the players were brave enough to go and acknowledge the fans at the end. I missed that bit.

If it was me, I'd probably have stayed, but the players would have got one of my terrifying, cold, silent death stares.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I left at half time...

I nearly left at 20 minutes at 3-0, went down to the concourse but got a beer, composed my self and went back up on 35 minutes.

Half time came and thought **** this 😂 the weather made my decision easier.
I never thought I’d leave a game that early, but I wasn’t prepared to continue to watch my team become the embarrassment of the premier league. Every single player gave up.

Last time I left a game early was at the Amex when we got beat 3-0? Left when lambert go sent off. The one where you made Hammond cry. Or was it Harding?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The fans who stayed till the end and sang continuously were immense. I can't see that ever happening here. Mind you, we don't have it in our psyche that we have to outdo the Pompy boys up the road with undying committment to lost causes. We're better than that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I left at half time...

I nearly left at 20 minutes at 3-0, went down to the concourse but got a beer, composed my self and went back up on 35 minutes.

Half time came and thought **** this 😂 the weather made my decision easier.
I never thought I’d leave a game that early, but I wasn’t prepared to continue to watch my team become the embarrassment of the premier league. Every single player gave up.

Last time I left a game early was at the Amex when we got beat 3-0? Left when lambert go sent off. The one where you made Hammond cry. Or was it Harding?

Harding. Subbed off at 30 minutes.

On of my favourite Amex games, funnily enough. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here