Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early leavers

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I can never understand the mentality of leaving early. A season ticket is not cheap, neither is an individual ticket on a one of match. Would those same people leave a cinema 5 - 10mins before the end of the film, I dont think so. Just so they are on the first bus out. If time is precious to those people then footies not the ideal thing for them.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I can never understand the mentality of leaving early. A season ticket is not cheap, neither is an individual ticket on a one of match. Would those same people leave a cinema 5 - 10mins before the end of the film, I dont think so. Just so they are on the first bus out. If time is precious to those people then footies not the ideal thing for them.

Standing in the pissing rain for 30 mins might have something to do with it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Standing in the pissing rain for 30 mins might have something to do with it.
That thought did have me saying to Jnr, once the 6 minutes was announced:-

'If either team scores now we're off'

So I guess we must have left 90 seconds early - bad bad fan.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Plenty of people leave the cinema before the credits have finished and they often miss a lot but they will never know. Deadpool I love you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know I know repeat subject .......but to those who left when we were 1-2 down (including the grumpy old tosser in front of me)

Heres to you all.......hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :wanker:

Chatting with people who’ve missed such moments, they’re genuinely not bothered. The same of those who’ve missed all the goals before and after half time at The Amex because they’re boozing on the concourse. When they return to the NS 55 minutes into a game, they’re genuinely jokey about it, not fussed in the slightest.

Different priorities from people on NSC. Not wanting to get home an hour later, or loving the craic of boozing with mates.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Not so sure I agree about the cinema. On Thursday I left half way through the new Terminator film - absolute pants.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Loads left on 75 mins, that’s 20mins before the end. Oh well, their loss.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I sit central in the Upper West and really struggle with the leaving early of a young boy aged about 8 who sits in our row. Regardless of game situation he is promptly matched out by what looks like dad or grandad with about 10 mins to go. It looked like grandad today and he chose to leave just after Maupay scored the penalty. The early departure applies to 3pm games as well as 07.45 midweek so can't be a school next day thing.

Our whole row scratches it's head as we stand up to let them go past.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I get up at 6am, drive 160 miles, cycle 10 miles, repeat this in reverse after the match and NEVER leave early. Who cares about the pissing rain after an injury time winner !!!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I get up at 6am, drive 160 miles, cycle 10 miles, repeat this in reverse after the match and NEVER leave early. Who cares about the pissing rain after an injury time winner !!!

Mind you, I do grumble on the way home after a 0-0 draw or worse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Why do you stop 10 miles from the AMEX and cycle? Am I missing something?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Why do you not drive at least 168 miles each way? :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here