Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pickford england's no. 1 - really?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
On that display you're having a laugh! Like many initially thought Gross' free kick was brilliantly placed rocket. However, replay showed that whilst it had pace it neither dipped or swerved and it went through jelly fingers. Should be disappointed with that.

Punched a really bad cross in the second half that most keepers would have caught comfortably. He then very nearly gifted Trossard a goal when he mishandled Dunk's knuckle ball free kick.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He tried to hit Maupay with the ball by kicking it at him as he ran towards Trossard to celebrate the winner and missed, I think the ball ended up in the west stand

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
By way of balance and not perhaps clouded by the joyous win let's not forget that Ryan was a little at fault for their second goal. If you are going to charge out of your goal you need to fully commit but he seemed to hesitate which allowed the cool finish by Calvert Lewin. Having said this made a great save at near post from a deflected effort in first half.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On that display you're having a laugh! Like many initially thought Gross' free kick was brilliantly placed rocket. However, replay showed that whilst it had pace it neither dipped or swerved and it went through jelly fingers. Should be disappointed with that.

To be fair to Pickford, it went through the wall ridiculously easily too.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Pickford actually ASKED for that gap in the wall, so he could get a good sight on it. Groß spotted this, and decided to drill it, not curl it. Jelly fingers, the rest is history.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He tried to hit Maupay with the ball by kicking it at him as he ran towards Trossard to celebrate the winner and missed, I think the ball ended up in the west stand

Just seen this, right at the end you can see Maupay pretending to throw the ball at Pickford which is what wound the keeper up.

Something happened before the penalty I think, maybe they were sledging him trying to put him off

[tweet]1188906596509847552[/tweet]

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Punched a really bad cross in the second half that most keepers would have caught comfortably. He then very nearly gifted Trossard a goal when he mishandled Dunk's knuckle ball free kick.

I dont think he should be Englands no 1.

However there are a lot of armchair fans that dont realise how windy it was that night and the sheet of rain that was falling. I am especially calling out the MOTD pundits for this. The kick hit that well would have been increadibly hard to deal with in those conditions. This should also credit Maty who made it look easy and barely made a mistake.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Something happened before the penalty I think, maybe they were sledging him trying to put him off

Whilst a number of Everton players remonstrated with the referee over the penalty decision, Maupay waited with the ball just behind the penalty spot.

During that time, Holgate came up to him (Maupay) and words were exchanged. I watched this as it happened from the Upper West, and although I clearly couldn't determine what was said, I did see Holgate pointing above the crossbar to the right, as if to suggest that he would put it over the bar.

Therefore, its not a surprise that after scoring the penalty, Maupay ran past Holgate and called him a ****ing Prick

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
He also has unusually large buttocks. Not sure if this affects his goal keeping skills.....,,,,,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst a number of Everton players remonstrated with the referee over the penalty decision, Maupay waited with the ball just behind the penalty spot.

During that time, Holgate came up to him (Maupay) and words were exchanged. I watched this as it happened from the Upper West, and although I clearly couldn't determine what was said, I did see Holgate pointing above the crossbar to the right, as if to suggest that he would put it over the bar.

Therefore, its not a surprise that after scoring the penalty, Maupay ran past Holgate and called him a ****ing Prick

I watched all that too, close by from the NS.

Loved it when Maupay made Holgate’s crap irrelevant, then rubbed it in.

Respect to Maupay for keeping a cool head in sticking to his penalty plan.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

:thumbsup: I was too busy watching Murray coming on and discussing if he was going to take the ball from Maupay or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here