Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viva the new boys!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
OK, we weren’t great today but boy was there more talent on show than we saw all of last season and mostly from players who didn’t even play last season. Alzate, Connolly, Burn, Trossard, Webster. Such a joy to watch compared to Mr Angry and DJ Strollabout.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Burn looked a little leggy today, if Walcott were actually worth the millions he's stolen from football, he might have been in trouble today.

I have no idea how the club bought Trossard for ONLY £15m.

Webster is coming along nicely, as are the kidz.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Yes, I'm not going to release the balloons just yet but there is a team in the making there that just could be ........

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If we continue to go for it, I can see a top half finish. Even playing badly, as we did today, we were miles better than when we were playing badly under Chris. That, for me, says it all.

We’ve improved, and not just a bit.

Yes - the new players have contributed to that as have those who have emerged from the unpalatable gruel of last year looking like new signings too.

Hats off to whoever is coaching and setting up the team ?!?

Heh heh

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We didn't play at our best today and yet Connolly won the pen, Burn's lung busting run created the goal, Alzate's performance was rock solid. All of these players were brought to the club under Hughton and he deserves credit for developing them to the point where Potter can bring them in.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We didn't play at our best today and yet Connolly won the pen, Burn's lung busting run created the goal, Alzate's performance was rock solid. All of these players were brought to the club under Hughton and he deserves credit for developing them to the point where Potter can bring them in.

True, to a certain extent. But; would CH be playing any of them week in week out right now?

IMHO...

Not a ****ing chance.

I reckon, of the three we had, they’d all be out on loan. Two in league 1. Shocking, but probably true.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
OK, we weren’t great today but boy was there more talent on show than we saw all of last season and mostly from players who didn’t even play last season. Alzate, Connolly, Burn, Trossard, Webster. Such a joy to watch compared to Mr Angry and DJ Strollabout.

I must respectfully disagree, we were great. For the very reason you state. These players are new to this level of opposition, this level of scrutiny and pressure yet they faced down a bloody good PL team and beat them. They are still leaning, the best is yet to come.

Well the decision to release the legend Chris last season is without question the correct 1. We are playing some bloody good stuff even if not today many pundits say what I good side Brighton are and I live in Midlands surrounded by wolves villa and usual liverpool and man u and they all say during convo while working what a difference Potter has made. It's no more boring relegation certainties Brighton. It's all you'll finish top half easily.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Our Defence is the new attack. Love the runs by Burns but equally Webber at one point in the 2nd half came out on a surging run, beating players and holding off challenges into Everton’s half. Terrific stuff. And then Dunk taking a dipping free kick that scorched Pickford gloves. These are our defenders! Ryan though is a lazy ******* and needs to pull his weight. The only time he got forward into Everton’s half was when our 3rd went in and he made a mazy run to join the celebrations...!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here