Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We mugged Everton today lets be honest but it feels GOOD !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We mugged Everton today lets be honest but it feels GOOD !

We got the breaks today and Everton will be top 8 maybe top 6 come the end of the season. That squad has some real talent. Come the end of the season this win was a pivotal moment, maybe

A MASSIVE win

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

We got the breaks today and Everton will be top 8 maybe top 6 come the end of the season. That squad has some real talent. Come the end of the season this win was a pivotal moment, maybe

A MASSIVE win

Not if they carry on playing like that

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I dont feel like we did. I admit I would have been happy with 1-1 or 2-2 but either side could have nicked the extra one and, for once , it was us.
Everton are far better that the league position suggests and we got the rub of the green. Bodes well.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

A MASSIVE win

After their start to the season, I was surprised as to how good they were, though granted, they have some very good players. Yes, they must be understandably really mad at going away with nothing, but then after how we have dominated some matches and not got the reward we deserved, I am NOT going to give it a second thought. Just so pleased for everyone on and off the pitch today - wonderful feeling.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not entirely sure I agree.

A point apiece would probably have felt about right, I think. I've not checked the stats, but my gut feel is possession and attempts were pretty even today. I certainly don't feel like Everton bossed us in any way at all.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I thought Everton were good today and looked more dangerous than us. They definitely deserved at least a point maybe 3. Very happy though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After their start to the season, I was surprised as to how good they were, though granted, they have some very good players. Yes, they must be understandably really mad at going away with nothing, but then after how we have dominated some matches and not got the reward we deserved, I am NOT going to give it a second thought. Just so pleased for everyone on and off the pitch today - wonderful feeling.

Potter made a rare mistake imho in setting up 4 in midfield. Everton’s 5 outfought us for 70 minutes. Davies, Walcott and Iwobi are routinely destroyed on their main fans forum, but today our set up made them look accomplished PL midfielders.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought first half it was even, they looked dangerous at times, clumsy at others, we looked dangerous at times, clumsy at others. Second half they took control, and cut out most of their mistakes. It was only a matter of time until they scored. Even after they took the lead they still looked on top until the penalty. That seemed to swing momentum in our favour and we were the only team that looked like winning it.

I don't know if I'd call it a robbery, but feel like Everton can feel like it wasn't entirely fair.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought we were poor and until Trossard came on offered relatively little.

Draw would have been fair.

Very little in the way of quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd say if anything Everton slightly edged the game, Maty did make a couple of good reflex saves.

Not enough to guarantee all 3 points, maybe a begrudging 3 but they should have at least come away with 1 point.

I'm amazed anyone can see them as top half let alone top 6.

Liverpool
City
Leicester
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton - fook off!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'd say if anything Everton slightly edged the game, Maty did make a couple of good reflex saves.

Not enough to guarantee all 3 points, maybe a begrudging 3 but they should have at least come away with 1 point.

Liverpool
City
Leicester
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton - fook off!!!!

I think you called it here

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Liverpool
City
Leicester
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton - fook off!!!!

Can’t see Everton as Top 6, more the cream rising to the top of the also rans above the relegation candidates!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can’t see Everton as Top 6, more the cream rising to the top of the also rans above the relegation candidates!

On the 'team for' thread I was moaned at for my previous moan regarding 'Everton are better than us, they've spent £300m' bollox.

I defy anyone to tell me they looked £200m better than us today.

They would kill for at least half our side today, even after everybody from the manager down admitted we had a off day.

Speaking of managers Silva's not fit to comb Potter's hair.

So I'm going to stick with my assertion, they is shite, money doesn't talk, and Silva is the Emperor's new clothes.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We had a bit of luck today for the first time this season but it was nothing like the three 1-0’s in October last season. Everton weren’t all over us and us winning was not a mugging.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not entirely sure I agree.

A point apiece would probably have felt about right, I think. I've not checked the stats, but my gut feel is possession and attempts were pretty even today. I certainly don't feel like Everton bossed us in any way at all.

Indeed.

I thought they were a bit shit really. We mounted little challenge and they were almost a match for that. :shrug:

Still, very happy with the 3 points. :D

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On the 'team for' thread I was moaned at for my previous moan regarding 'Everton are better than us, they've spent £300m' bollox.

I defy anyone to tell me they looked £200m better than us today.

They would kill for at least half our side today, even after everybody from the manager down admitted we had a off day.

Speaking of managers Silva's not fit to comb Potter's hair.

So I'm going to stick with my assertion, they is shite, money doesn't talk, and Silva is the Emperor's new clothes.

This.

And it is a marathon, not a snicker. :thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I thought they looked far more likely to win but we kept going forward, Potter tinkered and we seemed to click into gear once Trossard came on. We had some luck but we had some due so I don't feel we mugged them as much as people think.......we won a game which could have gone either way.Good enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here