Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton (h) Player Ratings 26/10/19

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We didn’t play that well and got the result. About time.

Ryan 7. A couple of particularly sharp saves . Distribution shakey.

Montoya 5. He’s bang average at this level and wasn’t dynamic enough

Webster. 6. That run in the second half was incredible, some anxious moments before and after

Burn 6. Better towards the end , liability in first half

Dunk 7. Best of the defenders in what was a chaotic opening

Alzate 7. didn’t always make the right decisions by his high standards . Great energy though.

Stephens 5. He has an important role in this set up - the fulcrum. When he’s off his game it shows. Too many inaccurate passes

Gross 7. Marked up for his free kick which was decent albeit saveable. Getting back to his best

Propper 7 instrumental in patches don’t know about mom.

Connolly 6. He’s going to be a star but was a frustrated figure today . Not sure the midfield reads his runs all that well yet

Maupay 6. Didn’t come off for him . Calm pen though

Subs
Trossard 8 he can run at speed , control it and cross accurately. All at once. Quality player

Schelletto 5. He was terrible but I hope he gets another go.

Murray 5. Good to see him

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 7

Montoya 5
Webster 5
Dunk 7
Burn 5

Stephens 6.5
Alzate 7.5
Propper 4 - always passed back or to an opponent, never looked forward. Made the much lambasted Iwobi and Davies look good.
Gross 4 - ditto. Great free kick though.

Maupay 6.5
Connolly 6.5

Schelotto 6
Trossard 8.5
Murray 6

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 8
Montoya 4 kept giving the ball away
Webster 7
Dunk 7
Burn 5.5 had a poor game, but I’ve given him an extra half point for his role in the winner
Propper 5 poor by his standards. No way MotM
Alzate 7.5
Stephens 6
Gross 6
Connolly 6.5
Maupay 7.5

Schelotto 5.5 welcome back
Trossard 8
Murray 6

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Ryan 7 - would have been 8, but shouldn’t have come out for their second

Montoya 5 - still the weak link

Burn 6 - not bad, but not a fullback let alone a wing back, and with his height, why is he not attacking set pieces

Webster 5 - his worst game for us, but nice run at the end

Dunk 6 - Richarlison made him look average at times

Stephens 6 - his worst game in a great season so far

Propper 7 - just about MOM, but not his best game

Alzate 7 - very composed - but not a left winger; a star in the making

Connolly 6 - not quite his day, but looked good on the ball and made some good runs which were not spotted

Maupay 7 - quiet, but like Connolly, has the pace to worry defenders. Good pen

Gross 7 - realistically a 6, but what a strike that was

Trossard 8 - made the difference when he came on - must start next week

Schelotto 6 - gifted them possession in our penalty area with his first touch, but looks far more comfortable than Montoya going forward. Can see him getting game time under Potter.

Super Glenn - not long enough to mark - but good old school pro performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan 7 One save in the first half was world class he was going the wrong way and somehow managed to get down to his near post to save, it was an awful day for defending with that in mind why we were playing the ball constantly across the face of our own goal please don't it's really not good for my nerves

Montoya 5 it was an awful day for defending with that in mind it was not his day

Webster. 6. it was an awful day for defending with that in mind he did very well on a day for nonsense defending so why was constantly playing the ball across the back line

Burn 6. it was an awful day for defending with that in mind he did very well on a day for nonsense defending so why was constantly playing the ball across the back line

Dunk 7. it was an awful day for defending with that in mind he did very well on a day for nonsense defending so why was constantly playing the ball across the back line But he was our best defender on the day

Alzate 6 he's going to be a real star but makes the errors of youth and this was costing us on a difficult day for defending

Stephens 8 my MOM helped the defending time and again while he was the start of most of our forward play

Gross 7. great free kick power alone beat Pickford run out of legs late on but had a good game

Propper 7 worked hard played a few to many last season Stephen style backwards passes

Connolly 7 quick willing to run and chase, won the free kick for the first and the penalty for the winner

Maupay 7 worked hard got clattered a couple of times but gets up and gets on with it good penalty after Everton did everything to delay its taking which must have increased his nerves

Subs
Trossard 7.5 Changed the game glad he's fit again as he is the key to unlocking defences

Schelletto 5. Out of position for their second but it was only his first game of the season

Murray 7 you can't win things with just kids

Overall a poor game but the weather was dreadful, Everton made it difficult and felt they had won it but the subs came at the right time and changed the balance of the game once we got our second there was only going to be one winner you have got to love VAR (this week) :albion2::albion2::albion2:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan 7 kept us in the game
Montoya 5 not a great game lacked impact going forward, heavy challenges and looked nervous
Webster 5 off his game today, panicky and pressured
Dunk 6.5 so consistent now, great block and free kick
Burn 6 torn between 5 and 6 puts in so much effort but felt his defending was slack today, contribution compared to Montoyas was much better
Stephens 6 not his best game but to he has been so important this season
Proper 6 slightly bemused by his MOM award, didn’t play badly but felt midfield was over whelmed at times
Gross 7 played well, great free kick and close to getting a second, however with Trossard on the way back, I think His time will be restricted.
Connelly 6 grafter with a great center of gravity, I really like him and he reminds me of Rooney
Alzate 7 MOM he is a really clever player, involved in all the good things today, a top player in the making
Maupay 6 he is like a wasp, constantly irritating and probing well taken penalty
Trossard 8 Game changer, this guy is pure class and best player on the pitch (if he had more time he would have been MOM)
Murray 7 cool headed and his experience carried us through
Schlelotto 6 obviously coming back offer a long period out, a bit of a liability but made a couple of good tackles
Potter 7 it would have been a tad lucky to get a draw and incredibly lucky to grab a win but it feels like it was a bit of luck we were due
Crowd 8 carried the team through

Opposition 6 thought they were the better team for a lot of the game but fragile mentality explains their lack of success on the road and to be fair they can feel hard done by decisions but top teams overcome setbacks

Ref 5 not great at all,

VAR - in It’s current state it is paralyzing the game, goal celebrations are so muted, why refs cant check a screen by the side of the pitch is beyond me and if a decision cant he reached in one minute (as suggested by someone else) then the refs original decision should stand.

Observations Pickford looks a shadow of his previous self error strewn and careless. We never gave up. Everton have at least 3 40 million pounds players in their team if I’m not mistaken Richarlison who I really don’t like, Siggurdson good player but has never really justified his price tag and Iwobi who didn’t have a bad game but feel they overpaid.

Last edited:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Today made me realise that I prefer Mooy to Propper. He's classy footballer but doesn't really affect the game defensively or offensively and not as much as Mooy. Stephens didn't have a great game but his pass for the winner was class and deserves a few extra marks for that alone.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan - 7
Montoya - 5
Webster - 5.5
Dunk - 6
Burn - 5.5

Alzate - 6
Stephens - 5.5
Propper - 7
Gross - 6
Connolly - 6
Maupay - 6.5

Trossard - 7.5
Schelotto - 6.5
Murray - 6

Ryan 6 Untypical mistake for second goal
Montoya 5 crossing poor again
Webster 4 looked totally brittle
Dunk 7 thank god for him really
Burn 4 not a left back
Propper 6 did well in first half in an odd position then faded
Alzate 6 tidy in both his roles
Stephens 5 slow
Gross 5 not much apart from the free kick
Connolly 7 looked the part again
Maupay 8 fantastic game, just pipped by supersub

Schelotto 5 very rusty
Trossard 9 stunning, unplayable
Murray 5 Indian winter

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Got away with a lot of players having stinkers today.

Montoya, Gross (apart from the goal), Propper, Maupay (apart from the pen), Stephens all way below par IMO.

One fantastic save from Ryan that he had no right in stopping then he gifts them a goal. What was he thinking?

Alzate MOM for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 6 Think that he will come unstuck with his passing in he box.
Webster 5 Poor for most of the game
Dunk 7 Looks uncomfortable and stretched playing alongside of Burn and Webster.
Burn 5 Same as Webster , perhaps time for a rest for either or both.
Montoya 5 Not one of his best days.
Gross 6 Good free kick other than that anonymous
Stephens 7 He was his usual self.
Propper 8 MOM kept the ball well and picked out players both in defence and attack
Alzate 7.5 Good all round performance and looks comfortable with the ball.
Maupay 6 Ran around a lot and tried but didnt look like he would sore until the good penalty
Connolly 6 Similar to Maupay without the penalty..

Subs
Trossard 7 Did well when came on and lifted us.
Schellotto 5 Poor and off the mark.
Murray 6 Put himself about to push Everton back in their half.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 6
Montoya 6 Think people a bit harsh Average game
Dunk 6 Best of defenders.
Webster 5 Struggled against pacy attackers
Burn 5 Like above struggles against pace esp one to ones.. Not a left back. marked up 1 for run for winner
Alzate 6 good game but needs to improve shooting
Stevens 5 Average
Propper 4 Poor.because never got in good forward positions and cant tackle
Gross 6 Lack of pace is frustrating
Maupay 7 always busy and making himself available.
Connelly 5 have to mark up for part in goals but was very poor, Has to vary game more and not just be looking for through balls. Help midfielders out by making more effort to lose his marker and receive ball. Can learn from Maupay who is better at making himself available

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 6 Think that he will come unstuck with his passing in he box.
Webster 5 Poor for most of the game
Dunk 7 Looks uncomfortable and stretched playing alongside of Burn and Webster.
Burn 5 Same as Webster , perhaps time for a rest for either or both.
Montoya 5 Not one of his best days.
Gross 6 Good free kick other than that anonymous
Stephens 7 He was his usual self.
Propper 8 MOM kept the ball well and picked out players both in defence and attack
Alzate 7.5 Good all round performance and looks comfortable with the ball.
Maupay 6 Ran around a lot and tried but didnt look like he would sore until the good penalty
Connolly 6 Similar to Maupay without the penalty..

Subs
Trossard 7 Did well when came on and lifted us.
Schellotto 5 Poor and off the mark.
Murray 6 Put himself about to push Everton back in their half.

Your pc’s been hacked from an Arnhem, NL address ... the Propper family. Tempted to give a 10 of 10, a ‘modest’ 8 almost slipped under the radar.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average.

Great win and perhaps we deserved something after Villa, but in reality little quality from either side

Ryan - 6
Webster - 5
Dunk - 6
Burn - 6
Montoya - 5
Alzate - 7
Propper - 7
Stephens - 5
Gross - 6
Connolly - 6
Maupay - 6

Trossard - 7
Schelotto - 6
Murray - 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Today made me realise that I prefer Mooy to Propper. He's classy footballer but doesn't really affect the game defensively or offensively and not as much as Mooy. Stephens didn't have a great game but his pass for the winner was class and deserves a few extra marks for that alone.

Would love to see Alzate, Mooy and Trossard in our next starting 11.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stephens 5?

Surely the pass which led to the winner alone must have redeemed this to be more than a 5?

I thought both Stephens and Propper were pretty rubbish so 5 a piece.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Team performance of 5/10 which changed up to 7/10 for last 20 mins. We didn't seem to have an answer to Everton pressing up the park, congesting midfield and we had no willingness/confidence to use the width. I'd give 9/10 to Lucky who has been our worst performer of late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here