Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Poetic Justice

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
US hunter killed by deer he thought he had just shot dead.

A hunter in the US state of Arkansas has died after being gored by a deer he had just tried to kill.
Thomas Alexander, 66, was hunting near the Ozark mountains when he shot the buck and watched it collapse.
Assuming the animal was dead, Mr Alexander went to check on the body - at which point the deer stood back up and attacked him.
He managed to call his wife, who rang the emergency services, but he was declared dead later in hospital.
Keith Stephens, from the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, told local media that Mr Alexander's death was "one of the stranger things that's happened" in his 20-year career.

"I don't know how long he left [the deer] there, but he went up to check it to make sure it was dead," Mr Stephens said. "And evidently it wasn't."
He also told the BBC that paramedics had tried to take him to hospital in an air ambulance, but "unfortunately, he stopped breathing before they could get in the helicopter so couldn't be air-lifted due to efforts at CPR".
He added that there would be a post-mortem examination to determine the exact cause of death, but "the hospital did note that he had several puncture wounds".
The commission has been searching for the wounded animal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh deer

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Finally a reason to film the sequel, The Deer Hunter 2

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yep, one of those times where I can say, no sympathy for the deceased whatsoever

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I assume everybody that is celebrating the death of the hunter is a vegetarian. I see a big difference in somebody hunting game to those trophy hunting pricks. RIP.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I assume everybody that is celebrating the death of the hunter is a vegetarian. I see a big difference in somebody hunting game to those trophy hunting pricks. RIP.

Indeed, but it does beg the question, Who on earth in this day and age would hunt with a muzzle loader? What a bellend. If you're hunting* you have a responsibility to ensure a clean kill on your quarry, using antiquated weapons vastly reduces the possibility of a clean kill. Wild venison is a delight to eat, and American hunters have pretty much limitless resources of this delicious, organic and sustainable food source. Leave the muzzle loaders to museums, and exhibitions, modern and accurate hunting rifles are widely available.

*BTW, this has nothing to do with a bunch of overtly wealthy knobs standing in a field aiming shotguns at overfed, unfit, pheasants who are bred in tiny cages then released for their first ever free flight only to be met with a hail of 12 bore shot. Neither is it anything to do with scum who chase foxes on horses with packs of hounds, with the sole intention of ripping the animal apart for absolutely no viable reason other than to satisfy their disgusting lust.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Excellent news.

A rarity these days
Here's some more good news for you.
A heartening tale of multi faith London coming together, uniting as one, for the greater good.

So sweet:-

[tweet]1187867553768579072[/tweet]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Indeed, but it does beg the question, Who on earth in this day and age would hunt with a muzzle loader? What a bellend. If you're hunting* you have a responsibility to ensure a clean kill on your quarry, using antiquated weapons vastly reduces the possibility of a clean kill. Wild venison is a delight to eat, and American hunters have pretty much limitless resources of this delicious, organic and sustainable food source. Leave the muzzle loaders to museums, and exhibitions, modern and accurate hunting rifles are widely available.

*BTW, this has nothing to do with a bunch of overtly wealthy knobs standing in a field aiming shotguns at overfed, unfit, pheasants who are bred in tiny cages then released for their first ever free flight only to be met with a hail of 12 bore shot. Neither is it anything to do with scum who chase foxes on horses with packs of hounds, with the sole intention of ripping the animal apart for absolutely no viable reason other than to satisfy their disgusting lust.

Largely agree with your post, however, most pheasants have plenty of time outside of cages, which would more fairly be described as pens, used to protect the young pheasants from foxes. The feeding of the pheasants is more to encourage them to stay on the land of the shoot, than to make them less fit or plumper. The real shame of Pheasant shoots is that most of the birds are purely shot for sport and never make it on to a table, often being slung in a pit in large numbers and buried. I would rather have the life of a pheasant than a chicken though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here