Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 25-27/10/19

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One of them funky Friday night fixtures to kick things off, before Saturday's BIG games.

Interestingly, anything other than an Albion win will mean we have made our worst start in our three Premier League seasons, measured by points earned at the 10 point mark.

The sides below us are all at home with games they'll fancy getting something from, making it a GINORMOUS game at the Amex.

Friday 25th October
Southampton v Leicester City (20:00)

Saturday 26th October
Manchester City v Aston Villa (12:30)
Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton
Watford v AFC Bournemouth
West Ham United v Sheffield United
Burnley v Chelsea

Sunday 27th October
Newcastle United v Wolverhampton Wanderers (14:00)
Arsenal v Crystal Palace (16:30)
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur (16:30)
Norwich City v Manchester United (16:30)

Screenshot 2019-10-25 at 10.24.38.png

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I'm pretty confident of a 2-1 or 1-0 win against Everton tomorrow. I don't think it'll be high scoring but a nervy affair nonetheless. I've got faith in the boys, especially with the way we played with 10 men against Villa.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we lose we could go 19th, if we win we could go 8th.

We couldn't. With West Ham playing Sheffield United, one or both of those sides will move beyond 12 points.

So its early days boys, early days, not much point looking at the table......

Not sure it will be - we'll be over a quarter of the way through the season.

And with 12 sides separated by only four points, it's clear we're not going to put many points between us and the dropzone, but it would be nice to have more non-top-six sides below us than above us.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Based on nothing other than instinct. Goal difference is a pretty good indicator of prospects. I reckon typically two out of three relegated sides have a significantly bad GD. The ones that don't fit the pattern, tend to be high risk attacking sides, who will go through the season taking 4-5 goal stuffings, but still get enough shock odd goal victories to matter. This then leaves the third relegation spot for the team that were "too good to go down", played decent enough football, but conceded too many late goals or went through a spell of not scoring, or some other hard luck story - Lets not be that team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We couldn't. With West Ham playing Sheffield United, one or both of those sides will move beyond 12 points.

Not sure it will be - we'll be over a quarter of the way through the season.

And with 12 sides separated by only four points, it's clear we're not going to put many points between us and the dropzone, but it would be nice to have more non-top-six sides below us than above us.

Did you actually expect us to be in anything than a season long relegation fight. Bloody entitled Brighton fans :wink:

At least the games are entertaining so losing is nowhere near as painful as it was last season to this fan

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did you actually expect us to be in anything than a season long relegation fight.

No. Where have I suggested that I did?

At least the games are entertaining so losing is nowhere near as painful as it was last season to this fan

As I've said numerous times.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

He was right - he's already factored that in.

The highest side on 12 points is Spurs in 7th. The WHU v SU game is why we can ONLY reach 8th and not 7th.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I know I've put us down for a 1-0 win but I'm actually thinking we might end up losing this one. The Toffees will have their tales up for this after that confidence boosting win, whilst we are on the back of the hard luck result. I'll probably take a draw right now.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Friday 25th October
Southampton v Leicester City (20:00) (1-2)

Saturday 26th October
Manchester City v Aston Villa (12:30) (4-0)
Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton (0-0)
Watford v AFC Bournemouth (0-2)
West Ham United v Sheffield United (3-1)
Burnley v Chelsea (0-2)

Sunday 27th October
Newcastle United v Wolverhampton Wanderers (14:00) (1-3)
Arsenal v Crystal Palace (16:30) (1-1)
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur (16:30) (1-0)
Norwich City v Manchester United (16:30) (1-0)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I know I've put us down for a 1-0 win but I'm actually thinking we might end up losing this one. The Toffees will have their tales up for this after that confidence boosting win, whilst we are on the back of the hard luck result. I'll probably take a draw right now.

That's the spirit!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Friday 25th October
Southampton v Leicester City (20:00) 1-2

Saturday 26th October
Manchester City v Aston Villa (12:30) 5-2
Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton 2-1
Watford v AFC Bournemouth 0-1
West Ham United v Sheffield United 2-2
Burnley v Chelsea 0-1

Sunday 27th October
Newcastle United v Wolverhampton Wanderers (14:00) 0-1
Arsenal v Crystal Palace (16:30) 3-1
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur (16:30) 3-0
Norwich City v Manchester United (16:30) 1-2

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
CJTC is the main man even when he is the video ref and 60 miles away at Stockwell Park

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here