Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fat Frank’s Chelsea

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else a little surprised how well he’s done at Chelsea.

I like the guy but given the transfer embargo and the fact the he is only in his second season as a manager, I confess that I expected him to struggle at such an entitled club

He’s doing rather well isn’t he? Chelsea play good football too

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
For the entirety of the Abramovic era Chelsea have been the very definition of obnoxious football club.

But now i'm confused

They are sort of ... well ... likeable

I genuinely don't know how I should deal with this turn of events, But rest assured I am thinking of some sort of self purging exercise with a large branch for using Chelsea and likeable in the same sentence

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was a great player.
He seems an excellent coach.
He talks sense and shows humility.
He is a genuine good egg.

So why can’t I stand the c..u.nt

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not surprised in the slightest.

Well, slightly surprised he's been allowed to do it, that's all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wolves v Chelsea was the best game in the PL I’ve seen this season. Really enjoyed watching. I’m not sure I’d give too much credit to old Frank just yet. Those youth players didn’t arrive overnight. Obviously it helps when you can afford to hoover up the brightest talent from across the entire globe as well! But he’s doing ok, too early to tell really what impact he’s had as a manager. Chelsea are still one of those clubs rich enough for any of us to manage them to a top 6 place. Where in that is where a quality manager counts.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He was a great player.

It’s the club, and all it stands for. That’s the rub!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
For the entirety of the Abramovic era Chelsea have been the very definition of obnoxious football club.

But now i'm confused

I genuinely don't know how I should deal with this turn of events, But rest assured I am thinking of some sort of self purging exercise with a large branch for using Chelsea and likeable in the same sentence

I feel the same.
But then remember a sizeable portion of their fanbase are complete bellends

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's in the right place at the right time. He's not being tested in the transfer market, so this season is pretty much a free hit for him. He's a club legend, so naturally the younger players will look up to him, hang on his every word, and as they're being given a chance, they'll run through brick walls to impress him. Which so far they seem to be doing.

I really hope he succeeds, because he seems grounded and likeable, and I'd like to see a young english manager do well at a big club, because it could (and hopefully should) lead to England. The real acid test will come when he starts spending Romans money though, and has to produce results off the back of that.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Expect lots of other good staff at Chelsea and certainly insane player talent. Pair that with a drop off of the other 3-6 placed zone teams and I'm not super surprised.

I expect he hasn't gone in too big time and instead is letting experts in each area do their thing and then pulling it together. Got to be the right way forward instead of the old days where one old guy took control of every detail. If he takes the best elements of managers he's worked under as a player, could be very successful. Wish him all the best except against us.

I'd rather have G.P. though still :albion2:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
He was a great player.

100% this, I’ve never understood the love-in with him and the pedestal some people put him on. You’d think he was a footballing intellectual the way some people gush about him when really he’s (imho) not the sharpest tool. He’s also inherited two decent and costly squads at both Derby and Chelsea. Lastly I can’t abide the juvenile term ‘fat Frank’ which is probably the biggest issue of the lot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When I saw 'Fat Frank' close up, he wasn't fat at all.

Perhaps he'd been on a diet that month.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I saw 'Fat Frank' close up, he wasn't fat at all.

Perhaps he'd been on a diet that month.

Not sure he’s ever been fat has he? No idea where the nickname came from but I like it :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyone else a little surprised how well he’s done at Chelsea.

I like the guy but given the transfer embargo and the fact the he is only in his second season as a manager, I confess that I expected him to struggle at such an entitled club

He’s doing rather well isn’t he? Chelsea play good football too

Yes and yes.

Actually thought they would be more mid-table this year.

I was particularly unimpressed with Derby, when they played us last year and the quality of their football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

But now i'm confused

Totally this. I´ve always HATED Chelsea, but FF is bringing through some quality English players

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is the England job seen as the pinnacle of a manager's career.

At best it's either the pension plan or the last hope for serial failures, occasionally both.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Why is the England job seen as the pinnacle of a manager's career.

At best it's either the pension plan or the last hope for serial failures, occasionally both.

It's because you have the chance to chase footballing immortality ..... like Sir Alf

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here