Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Christmas shopping ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve been informed tonight by Mrs Q that she has done about 50% of our present buying for Christmas. I’m amazed but quite happy as no real damage to our cards so far. Bearing in mind I have two grandchildren I’m quite glad 50 % is done. How’s your shopping going ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I did the week's shop on Tuesday when it's quiet, but I think I may pop to the shops tomorrow for a couple of nice dinners and treats for the weekend :thumbsup:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
When does Mince Pie Season officially begin? They’ve been in the shops a while now but resisting the urge.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I usually hit the Harrods sale in January when you can buy loads of Harrods branded 'Merch' and wines (which don't go off!) at about half price. I then send it all up to the family up North at Christmas and they all hold it aloft like cavemen with a ball of fire in a pot... Fortnum & Mason do the same, and my Mum (lives in Cheshire) loves all that.

Then, during the year - I scan eBay for 'Daily Deals' and pick up the odd bit for friends and family down here.

By November, I'm about 80% done - then I buy the rest of the stuff at the beginning of December and wrap it all up - then send it by ParcelForce.

Then I can crack on and enjoy Christmas. :cheers:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Depends if the 50% is based on weight rather than number of heads

I don’t know Hampy but I’m really glad I don’t have to worry about the actual shopping. I have to concede the fact I’m paying for most of it but as long as I don’t get the £500 (where’s your cash haul) demand then I can live with it. Looking forward to the JCB trucks on the 25th.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I don’t know Hampy but I’m really glad I don’t have to worry about the actual shopping. I have to concede the fact I’m paying for most of it but as long as I don’t get the £500 (where’s your cash haul) demand then I can live with it. Looking forward to the JCB trucks on the 25th.

I’m with you, you’re in a fortune position. I am rubbish at this stuff and will be running around buying thing with a day or two left. I know I will, I know I can do earlier but it just doesn’t happen

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thank God the range of products on sale at service stations has expanded over the years ... it's still October FFS ho ho ho :xmas:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thank God the range of products on sale at service stations has expanded over the years ... it's still October FFS ho ho ho :xmas:

You’re going to buy her that ‘Super Duper Torch’ aren’t you. You old romantic you.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Christmas shopping?

**** OFF! It's October FFS nothing Vaguely Christmas should be legal until at least December

We've got 600 ****ing bellends to burn first. A far more important date in Early November than some fictitious limpwristed hipsters imaginary birthday!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I fully intend to ignore Christmas and all the associated hype.

Instead, I'm going to enjoy myself.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What I’m saying here is that I make no contribution to Christmas other than financially until Xmas morning when I’m in charge of getting everyone pissed .... I realise there is more to xmas than that...........................................apparently.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Family up North Wales which involves picking an away match, trundle up by train with Xmas presents and go to match the next day. This year it's Liverpool away so end of November. Last year it was early November, Everton.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Always quite relaxed about Christmas shopping. The only person I ever have to get presents for is Mrs P, and that simply involves her making a list, and me going online to buy things on that list.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I haven't even thought about it yet, whereas the missus has been buying presents on & off for a few months already. Shes also been watching Christmas movies on some crappy film channel since July which does my head in.
If she had her way, Christmas would be all year round, but I will only begin to think about it AFTER Bonfire Night, and not before!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here