Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why would you own up to this?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If i had done this, i'd take the secret to my grave, fabricating a tremendous story about what a great time I'd had, rather than make very public the fact that i was possibly the most stupid person on the planet (aside from his mate)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50166371

Why would you own up?

because the publicity has 'earned' them a bunch of freebies.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Come of it, that's nothing, Twitter is full of people who publicly state they're Palace fans, now that's a secret you should take to the grave!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I knew a Millwall " fan " who managed to get a ticket for FA Cup final 2004 when they played Man U in Cardiff, he went all the way down there then flogged his ticket and watched the game in a nearby bar.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Went to watch us play Reading away a few years back. One of my mates brought his Southampton tickets with him by accident, we have never let him forget but this story is a totally different level!

el punal

This all reminds me of an incident some years ago. Five Newcastle fans travelled down to Highfield Road to watch the Geordies play Coventry. As they arrived at the ground they were somewhat pissed off to find that the fixture was in fact at St.James’ Park. Oops! :blush:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Went to watch us play Reading away a few years back. One of my mates brought his Southampton tickets with him by accident, we have never let him forget but this story is a totally different level!

I did the same on the way to Brentford a few years ago. I picked up another red ticket from my letter rack (Forest?)
Luckily someone else on the coach had a spare Brentford ticket because it was a sell out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I cancelled plans to go and watch us play because I was incorrectly lead to believe the game had been called off due to fog.

Not as bad as the Man Utd fans who flew to Santiago, Chile instead of Santiago de Compostela in Spain to watch them play Deportivo de La Coruña
Sorry, I really don't believe that.

This all reminds me of an incident some years ago. Five Newcastle fans travelled down to Highfield Road to watch the Geordies play Coventry. As they arrived at the ground they were somewhat pissed off to find that the fixture was in fact at St.James’ Park. Oops! :blush:
Don't tell me, they had reached Coventry really early and had time to drive on to Exeter.

http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/49944958

Or as bad as ‘Former world champion Neil Robertson had to forfeit his World Open qualifier on Friday - because he drove to the wrong Barnsley’
Duff link.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I knew a Millwall " fan " who managed to get a ticket for FA Cup final 2004 when they played Man U in Cardiff, he went all the way down there then flogged his ticket and watched the game in a nearby bar.

He did get a small fortune for the ticket tho Veg.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Or Veg, that well known plumber friend of ours who went to the Brighton home game against Cardiff and when the pubs around the station seemed quiet eventually found out is was actually Cardiff away that evening.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I drove all the way to Blackburn - ate a burger - then drove home again.
The game had been called off in the morning, but because me and my mate were gassing all the way up, we didn't hear it mentioned on the radio ...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I drove all the way to Blackburn - ate a burger - then drove home again.
The game had been called off in the morning, but because me and my mate were gassing all the way up, we didn't hear it mentioned on the radio ...

For some reason that sounds more realistic and truthful than all the other missteps and wrong locations in this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here