Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Wireless Thermostat help

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Try moving the thermostat. When I was working I always had the boiler on a timer, which worked fine for me. Once I retired I decided to switch to using the thermostat. Although it was less than 3 metres from the boiler (and on the same floor, with only a doorway between them, no wall) it didn't work. Turned out it was inexplicably in a blind spot. Moved it upstairs to the bedroom (might as well make sure I'm nice and cosy getting up and dressed in the morning!) and it works fine.

The thermostat is wired in ...and having just paid for the nest and installation there is no way I am moving it :)

...it’s not a big issue ...the advantages of the nest over the old thermostat far outweigh the lack of the previous boost function..it’s only one person in the house who needed it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The thermostat is wired in ...and having just paid for the nest and installation there is no way I am moving it :)

...it’s not a big issue ...the advantages of the nest over the old thermostat far outweigh the lack of the previous boost function..it’s only one person in the house who needed it
Fair enough - 'twas just a suggestion. If the thermostat is wired in, probably blind spots wouldn't be a problem? Mine just has a battery and operates pretty much like a TV remote.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fair enough - 'twas just a suggestion. If the thermostat is wired in, probably blind spots wouldn't be a problem? Mine just has a battery and operates pretty much like a TV remote.

Thanks.....I could have had it portable but chose not to.....it’s not it’s position more it’s operation and relying on someone to turn it back down ..not a problem for me ..but someone else in the house with a poor memory

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just been offered a NEST E ( free of charge ) by my current energy supplier.
Its the nest E which is apparently easily self installed.

Currently we have a WIFI thermostat which is also the controller which tells the heating what time to come on and go off.....I assume those details are set up from the Nest or via the app?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here