Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your most powerful acting scene of all time ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your most powerful acting scene of all time ?

I would have to say it is this. Absolutely extraordinary performance from Hanks. Amazing. Your most powerful acting scene of all time ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMDdT24_98

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mark Hamil, in Empire Strikes Back, when he lifts the X-Wing out of the swamp. When you think about how much an X-Wing weighs and the absence of heavy machinery to assist, that's pretty powerful. I mean, there's no way I could lift that by myself.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I’ve always been in awe of Anthony Hopkins performance as Hannibal Lecter. The scene where Clarice meets him in Silence of the Lambs gives me chills every time I watch it. Masterful performance.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Mark Hamil, in Empire Strikes Back, when he lifts the X-Wing out of the swamp. When you think about how much an X-Wing weighs and the absence of heavy machinery to assist, that's pretty powerful. I mean, there's no way I could lift that by myself.

It was Frank Oz playing Yoda that done that. Hamil barely lifted it and dropped it back in. So I’ll go Yoda as incredibly powerful for a puppet.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was Frank Oz playing Yoda that done that. Hamil barely lifted it and dropped it back in. So I’ll go Yoda as incredibly powerful for a puppet.

Frank wins!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I would have to say it is this. Absolutely extraordinary performance from Hanks. Amazing. Your most powerful acting scene of all time ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMDdT24_98

That is very well done. Great film I thought.

I’m gonna go with Sean Penn when they find his murdered daughter in Mystic River. Guts me every time.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Another vote for Pacino here, but at the end of The Godfather part 3.
The silent but deafening scream between 2 mins 18 to 2 min 42, for me sums up the entire helpless agony of him knowing he has failed in his lifelong struggle to keep his family safe. Heartbreaking.

Plus it has my favourite piece of classical music accompanying it too (Cavalleria Rusticana Intermezzo)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Impossible to determine as surely how you're feeling at the time might sway between one or the other.

Have to agree Mystic River is great as was Ricky Schneider in the Champ but there are too many.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

I played the donkey in my Junior School nativity play many, many moons ago. Only piece of acting I ever did due to stage-fright.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=good+will+hunting+par k+scene&view=detail&mid=A33297474B881949D248A33297 474B881949D248&FORM=VIRE[/video]

Hope this works - the Good Will Hunting park scene. Robin Williams and Matt Damon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here