Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raheem Sterling

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gomez has a scratch below his right eye following the confrontation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Telegraph reporting that Sterling was sent home by Southgate, but players discussed it and got Southgate to change his mind. Sterling had already left !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sterling has been training with the squad today, but won't be considered for the game on Thursday. All a bit odd isn't it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sterling has been training with the squad today, but won't be considered for the game on Thursday. All a bit odd isn't it.

Not sure what my take on it is. Sterling can't go round starting rows and getting physical with team mates, Southgate had to be honest about it as 100% it would have leaked at some point. Hopefully Sterling is well managed by Southgate now, we win Thursday and no last damage.

But you can see with the backlash Sterling will get now and the increased press etc, that he could well say f*ck it to England

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure what my take on it is. Sterling can't go round starting rows and getting physical with team mates, Southgate had to be honest about it as 100% it would have leaked at some point. Hopefully Sterling is well managed by Southgate now, we win Thursday and no last damage.

But you can see with the backlash Sterling will get now and the increased press etc, that he could well say f*ck it to England
Sterling will get it fixed.
He's no pedestrain at sorting his gear out.
It might be his thyroids or perhaps just an EPisOde.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Fair play for Southgates honesty, but I'm quite surprised that all this was made public - surely it would have been simpler to have said he'd picked up a niggle in training or something, you don't usually hear about bust-ups like this, certainly not in the run-up to a game. Now every time Sterling and Gomez are in the squad, or facing each other in a game, there'll be a media circus surrounding it.

Sounds like Sterling has released a bit of his inner Pep. Can't do his players much good, seeing their manager completely losing his shit on the touchline. The pressure is clearly getting to them.

In this age of "oh, look at me I've got a story" despite signing various confidentiality agreements? Would've been seen by security, medics, coaches, admin staff, cleaners, cooks, maintenance, etc

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't Joe Gormlezz only come on to the pitch on 87 minutes with the game already won? Takes a special kind of stupid to bring a shitstorm of flak down on yourself in those meaningless three minutes. Even with Sterling.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No, there's no suggestion Harry Kane is being dropped. Neither is Rashford. :thumbsup:

Sterling is only as good as the players creating chances in the six yard box for him.

Rubbish. Sterling has been excellent for England of late - 8 goals plus 5 assists in the last 6 qualifiers. And what does is matter where his goals come from, he's still getting into the positions and finishing chances.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No, there's no suggestion Harry Kane is being dropped. Neither is Rashford. :thumbsup:

Sterling is only as good as the players creating chances in the six yard box for him.
He assists the majority of England’s goals and scores a fair few himself class player. Kane’s alright against second rate opponents never scored when it matters.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sterling is a modern day Ruud Van Nistelrooy. He'll put it away inside the box but I think his contribution outside the area is overrated. Don't give him space in the box and he's a very ordinary player in my opinion. I appreciate I'll be in the minority, but I think the current opinion of him is no more accurate than when the masses didn't rate him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Rubbish. Sterling has been excellent for England of late - 8 goals plus 5 assists in the last 6 qualifiers. And what does is matter where his goals come from, he's still getting into the positions and finishing chances.

I find him really hard to like despite this. Just one of those players like John Terry who just can’t warm to.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find him really hard to like despite this. Just one of those players like John Terry who just can’t warm to.

The tabloids gave him a rough ride when he left Liverpool for City - which the bindippers perpetuate with the "greedy b@stard" abuse he always gets now, as if he's the only player to have moved on to further their career, win things and earn more money. I don't see that he's done a lot wrong.

He's not a gobshite on or off the pitch. He doesn't constantly throw himself around and cry about being tackled like a certain other player. He doesn't do daily tweets sitting on a Bentley, doing weird shapes with his fingers whilst telling us how great god is. Seems to keep a fairly low public profile, and has spoken out eloquently about the racism issues he and his team mates have faced.

Not much to dislike IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here