Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raheem Sterling

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
By far and away the best player in Europe imho.
Please feel free to disagree though...

Actually in the world

I would put him 4th in Europe behind Ronaldo, Messi and MBappe and just ahead of Hazard who is having a tough time at Real Madrid. It must be said that in 12 months he could overtake Ronaldo and Messi who are getting older and less effective.

I am not certain that he is the best in The Premier.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would put him 4th in Europe behind Ronaldo, Messi and MBappe and just ahead of Hazard who is having a tough time at Real Madrid. It must be said that in 12 months he could overtake Ronaldo and Messi who are getting older and less effective.

I am not certain that he is the best in The Premier.

:facepalm:

You put him below three players in Europe and above another player in Europe but you don't think he's the best in the Prem? If you think someone in the Prem is better then he can't be 4th!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's half the player that Kevin De Bruyne is. Technically, he's not even close to Bernardo Silva either. Any talk of him being the best in the Premier League is baffling when he's not even the best player at Manchester City.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I did say I wasnt certain so raised my doubts. Is he better than Salah and Willian who play in the same positions? Difficult to judge against players in other positions.

Last edited:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I did say I wasnt certain so raised my doubts. Is he better than Salah and Willian who play in the same positions?

Salah doesn’t play in the same position as Sterling.

Sterling is miles ahead of Willian. It’s not even close.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Lightning quick over the first ten yards and reads a game incredibly well. Often let down by his touch though. As for comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo? Please don't, he isn't anywhere close to them. There are people in his own team who are better.
This.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Chrisbettyrice

Aug 13, 2019
You're making the assumption that the best players in Europe are all playing in the Premier league, which you watch. Do you follow Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga? I'm assuming you must do, otherwise your judgement is worthless.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No, there's no suggestion Harry Kane is being dropped. Neither is Rashford. :thumbsup:

Sterling is only as good as the players creating chances in the six yard box for him.

Watching as much Champions League football as I do, I can tell you that he would be in my current best European XI. Sterling has become an awesome player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair play for Southgates honesty, but I'm quite surprised that all this was made public - surely it would have been simpler to have said he'd picked up a niggle in training or something, you don't usually hear about bust-ups like this, certainly not in the run-up to a game. Now every time Sterling and Gomez are in the squad, or facing each other in a game, there'll be a media circus surrounding it.

Sounds like Sterling has released a bit of his inner Pep. Can't do his players much good, seeing their manager completely losing his shit on the touchline. The pressure is clearly getting to them.

Not surprised one bit by going public. 1) It would have leaked, or caused unnecessary attention and conjecture. 2) The FA now own the story; simple and classic PR move.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
if he had picked Dunk it wouldn't have happened...

This.

You reap what you sow Gareth.

The selection of centre backs has been woeful. Only ‘top six’ or Gareth’s Ex-clubs allowed!

Instead of picking one of the form English centre backs, he has picked Gomez who has bags of potential but is not playing regular football. Mings who is faster than Dunk but that’s about it. Tomori who has bags of potential but is making a few mistakes because he is so young and the out of form Stones who is waiting for another massive game to unleash yet another match losing mistake that will see England knocked out of a quarter or semi.

I do agree with the Maguire selection and the dropping of Keane after Everton kicked him out the team but Gareth need only look in the mirror to see where the error lies.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If England hadn't already virtually qualified and the opposition for the next game was a decent side, then this probably would have handled differently.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If England hadn't already virtually qualified and the opposition for the next game was a decent side, then this probably would have handled differently.
Yep, all this back slapping Southgate is bollocks, if England needed to win Sterling would be first name on the team sheet.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Not much to dislike IMO.

Quite. He was on the rough end of several incidents on Sunday, push by Gomez into ad boards, some iffy ref decisions. Was also City's best player by some distance. He reacted.

As Rio Ferdinand said he's seen broken noses, head kicking, broken ribs happen between team mates. Sounds like this was nothing and Sterling has been publicly shamed by his manager.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Anyone who tattoos a machine gun on their keg to remind them not to touch guns gets my vote

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lovely story Henry Winter tweeted last night. Sterling walked 70 (seventy) yards after his post match interview at one end of the pitch to go and embrace and congratulate Jordan Henderson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here