Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75
  1. #51
    Members
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,471


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always has been known as Chi around here.
    Fair enough! Never knew that before

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #52
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      In the kitchen
      Posts
      958


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blues Rock DJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      there are a lot of places further west than Sussex with pockets of Albion supporters......we don't ALL live in Sussex !!
      I know full well that there are little enclaves of Albion everywhere, one of our group travels from Southampton - and he never leaves early!
    • #53
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Posts
      595


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Eddiespearritt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed - you rarely see an Albion shirt in Chichester, while Pompey shirts are everywhere. By contrast, Albion In The Community are very active in the area, running very successful football schools for youngsters at primary schools and the University.
      Not sure I agree. Have lived in Chi all my life and the dividing lines used to be LA/Brighton, Bognor/Pompey. Bognor def Brighton now and Chi fairly split. As you say, AITC very strong in the area and consequently most kids in the Chi area are Brighton.

      Two caveats: still a lot of London and Man U ‘fans’ around and perhaps the demise of Pompey and renaissance of BHA fans locally at least partly a reflection of the relative success/collapse of the two clubs rather than a permanent change?
    • #54
      AlecsGrandad
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      17,273


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not sure I agree. Have lived in Chi all my life and the dividing lines used to be LA/Brighton, Bognor/Pompey. Bognor def Brighton now and Chi fairly split. As you say, AITC very strong in the area and consequently most kids in the Chi area are Brighton.

      Two caveats: still a lot of London and Man U ‘fans’ around and perhaps the demise of Pompey and renaissance of BHA fans locally at least partly a reflection of the relative success/collapse of the two clubs rather than a permanent change?
      Back in the 1970s Chichester was nearly 100% Pompey. (Brighton fans became a minority anywhere west of Littlehampton). Even when we were in the 1st division the old allegiances remained. I was wondering if that had changed much recently and I've spoken to others like yourself who say there's way more Brighton there now. However there's still work to do; watching the draw last night from Chichester the manager and/or chairman said "A lot of people are Portsmouth fans".


      EDIT: And in the 70s/80s. Bognor was pretty solid Pompey. The Bognor FC fans used to chant "Beeeee og Ner!" to mimic the "Peeeee orts Muff!" chant.

    • #55
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      The Tory constituency of Mansfield
      Posts
      8,229


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Always has been known as Chi around here.
      That's a little odd. 'Chich', maybe...
    • #56
      Members BNthree's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Location
      WeHo
      Posts
      3,780


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That's a little odd. 'Chich', maybe...
      Their own twitter account calls them Chi City
    • #57
      Members BeHereNow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Location
      Southwick
      Posts
      692


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That's a little odd. 'Chich', maybe...
      It’s bloody annoying when people call it Chi and when they use LA for Littlehampton.

      Just use the real names FFS.
      Love White Genocide
      Love being controlled by a foreign power
      Love terrorist sympathisers
    • #58
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      West Sussex
      Posts
      500


      0 Not allowed!
      Assumed Chichester is West Sussex’s county town. AITC should have rich pickings. Just over an hour by train to Falmer. I blame BBC regional news at 6.30 which even steers Horsham area viewers to sporting updates on Portsmouth.
    • #59
      Members Mouldy Boots's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      O U T
      Posts
      11,339


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Left Footer View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Wouldn`t Chichester have more of an affinity with Pompey than the Albion, probably closer and used to be a lot of Pompey fans in that part of West Sussex?
      Quote Originally Posted by Eddiespearritt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed - you rarely see an Albion shirt in Chichester, while Pompey shirts are everywhere. By contrast, Albion In The Community are very active in the area, running very successful football schools for youngsters at primary schools and the University.
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Chichester definitely more Pompey, certainly was when I was at college there
      Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chef View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Chi is very much Pompey, even with our recent elevation into the Premier league I think there's me and about half a dozen others. Oh, and the usual selection of southern reds and plastic mancs.
      I disagree, I have been here since 2004, and Pompey has been obliterated in the last 3 years, hardly see a Pompey shirt, but see many families wearing the stripes proudly throughout the City of Chi.

      The youth work like some have said has helped immensely, and of course, being in the premier league.

      Quote Originally Posted by torchieboy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Too right it is. Lots of support for the albion from us Bognor lads and lasses.
      Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not sure I agree. Have lived in Chi all my life and the dividing lines used to be LA/Brighton, Bognor/Pompey. Bognor def Brighton now and Chi fairly split. As you say, AITC very strong in the area and consequently most kids in the Chi area are Brighton.

      Two caveats: still a lot of London and Man U ‘fans’ around and perhaps the demise of Pompey and renaissance of BHA fans locally at least partly a reflection of the relative success/collapse of the two clubs rather than a permanent change?

      Bognor is full of Brighton and Legia Warszawa, no room for Pompey.
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.
    • #60

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNow View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It’s bloody annoying when people call it Chi and when they use LA for Littlehampton.

      Just use the real names FFS.
      I used to say that when I was at uni in Pompey.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •