Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always has been known as Chi around here.
    Fair enough! Never knew that before

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blues Rock DJ View Post
      there are a lot of places further west than Sussex with pockets of Albion supporters......we don't ALL live in Sussex !!
      I know full well that there are little enclaves of Albion everywhere, one of our group travels from Southampton - and he never leaves early!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Eddiespearritt View Post
      Indeed - you rarely see an Albion shirt in Chichester, while Pompey shirts are everywhere. By contrast, Albion In The Community are very active in the area, running very successful football schools for youngsters at primary schools and the University.
      Not sure I agree. Have lived in Chi all my life and the dividing lines used to be LA/Brighton, Bognor/Pompey. Bognor def Brighton now and Chi fairly split. As you say, AITC very strong in the area and consequently most kids in the Chi area are Brighton.

Two caveats: still a lot of London and Man U ‘fans’ around and perhaps the demise of Pompey and renaissance of BHA fans locally at least partly a reflection of the relative success/collapse of the two clubs rather than a permanent change?
      AlecsGrandad

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
      Not sure I agree. Have lived in Chi all my life and the dividing lines used to be LA/Brighton, Bognor/Pompey. Bognor def Brighton now and Chi fairly split. As you say, AITC very strong in the area and consequently most kids in the Chi area are Brighton.

Two caveats: still a lot of London and Man U ‘fans’ around and perhaps the demise of Pompey and renaissance of BHA fans locally at least partly a reflection of the relative success/collapse of the two clubs rather than a permanent change?
      Back in the 1970s Chichester was nearly 100% Pompey. (Brighton fans became a minority anywhere west of Littlehampton). Even when we were in the 1st division the old allegiances remained. I was wondering if that had changed much recently and I've spoken to others like yourself who say there's way more Brighton there now. However there's still work to do; watching the draw last night from Chichester the manager and/or chairman said "A lot of people are Portsmouth fans".

EDIT: And in the 70s/80s. Bognor was pretty solid Pompey. The Bognor FC fans used to chant "Beeeee og Ner!" to mimic the "Peeeee orts Muff!" chant.

Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      Always has been known as Chi around here.
      That's a little odd. 'Chich', maybe...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      Their own twitter account calls them Chi City

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      It’s bloody annoying when people call it Chi and when they use LA for Littlehampton.

Just use the real names FFS.
      Love White Genocide
      Love being controlled by a foreign power
      Love terrorist sympathisers
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Assumed Chichester is West Sussex’s county town. AITC should have rich pickings. Just over an hour by train to Falmer. I blame BBC regional news at 6.30 which even steers Horsham area viewers to sporting updates on Portsmouth.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Left Footer View Post
      Wouldn`t Chichester have more of an affinity with Pompey than the Albion, probably closer and used to be a lot of Pompey fans in that part of West Sussex?
      Quote Originally Posted by Eddiespearritt View Post
      Indeed - you rarely see an Albion shirt in Chichester, while Pompey shirts are everywhere. By contrast, Albion In The Community are very active in the area, running very successful football schools for youngsters at primary schools and the University.
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Chichester definitely more Pompey, certainly was when I was at college there
      Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chef View Post
      Chi is very much Pompey, even with our recent elevation into the Premier league I think there's me and about half a dozen others. Oh, and the usual selection of southern reds and plastic mancs.
      I disagree, I have been here since 2004, and Pompey has been obliterated in the last 3 years, hardly see a Pompey shirt, but see many families wearing the stripes proudly throughout the City of Chi.

The youth work like some have said has helped immensely, and of course, being in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by torchieboy View Post
      Too right it is. Lots of support for the albion from us Bognor lads and lasses.
      Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post

Bognor is full of Brighton and Legia Warszawa, no room for Pompey.
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNow View Post
      It’s bloody annoying when people call it Chi and when they use LA for Littlehampton.

Just use the real names FFS.
      I used to say that when I was at uni in Pompey.