Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chichester City already in FA Cup 2nd Round

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It’s bloody annoying when people call it Chi and when they use LA for Littlehampton.

Just use the real names FFS.

Is this all you have to worry about? :smile:

I think it's good TBH, especially LA, I think that's funny, many people call Newhaven " shit hole " :down:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not sure I agree. Have lived in Chi all my life and the dividing lines used to be LA/Brighton, Bognor/Pompey. Bognor def Brighton now and Chi fairly split. As you say, AITC very strong in the area and consequently most kids in the Chi area are Brighton.

Two caveats: still a lot of London and Man U ‘fans’ around and perhaps the demise of Pompey and renaissance of BHA fans locally at least partly a reflection of the relative success/collapse of the two clubs rather than a permanent change?

Good comment.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I used to say that when I was at uni in Pompey.

:sick:

I hope that’s all you caught whilst mingling with the great unwashed.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
2nd half and still 0-0. Chichester playing OK but will be fatigued towards the end.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And Tranmere score. Sorry for jinxing you Chichester!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A very brave effort for an hour there by Chichester I thought. A Sussex derby in the league at The Pilot Field away to Hastings United next up for Chichester City. An Albion free Saturday means I'll be there to applaud our Sussex FA Cup heroes. :clap2:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Their Ladies team also lost today in the Women's FA Cup 6-0 to Ipswich Town.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Glad they scored 1 to give the fans something to cheer about!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A very brave effort for an hour there by Chichester I thought. A Sussex derby in the league at The Pilot Field away to Hastings United next up for Chichester City. An Albion free Saturday means I'll be there to applaud our Sussex FA Cup heroes. :clap2:

I wonder how many Chichester fans will travel to Hastings ???

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Littlehampton used to be the dividing line and to be fair it still probably is.
However there are loads of Albion in Bognor and Chi.
The Pompey lot are less proud to show their colours these days so are not seen as much in public.
If they made it back to the Championship things might change.

D

Deleted member 2719

Glad they scored 1 to give the fans something to cheer about!

They were in good voice all the match, looked a fun day for them. I feel a bit guilty not going but I had to watch my kids play.
I will have to get down to Oaklands to watch them soon.

I hope they spend the money wisely!

#sussexclubsrule

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know they lost 5-1 today and had a bye in the previous round but who did they beat to become Sussex FA Cup heroes?

There's a bandwagon to jump on in every FA Cup run and this one is no different. I unashamedly went to Middlesbrough in 2013, for example.

I wonder how many Chichester fans will travel to Hastings ???

**** all, but they'll get a pat on the back at the bar and 'Sussex by the sea' will ring out as they walk out to play, closer to the Kent border than they normally play just by Hampshire. Nobody says 'Play up Pompey' and talks in a bumpkin accent this side of the county, I can tell you.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Never liked them since they stopped Southwick winning the County League title in 1979/80.... Last game decider, 0-0 at Old Barn Lane, with Southwick missing a penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here