Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Colchester info

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Staying over on thursday, 2 couples, any recommendations for any decent pubs that might have a bit of life on a thursday night and ant good restaurants or good Curry houses?

I quite like the Lexden Crown. Food is decent but slightly out of town centre

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
It's the same with all army garrison towns.
Whilst I was on a resettlement course at Aldershot a while back, a few of us ended up in a strippers pub, where a few locals were also there.
Cut a long story short, as soon as the dolly bird got down to her grundies, bottles started to fly between HM Forces and the local inbred.
I got out before it went mad :D
OI:wink:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's the same with all army garrison towns.
Whilst I was on a resettlement course at Aldershot a while back, a few of us ended up in a strippers pub, where a few locals were also there.
Cut a long story short, as soon as the dolly bird got down to her grundies, bottles started to fly between HM Forces and the local inbred.
I got out before it went mad :D

When I lived in Ascot, a good friend who was stationed in Aldershot for 3 years took me out on the town a few times.
Good job too because he knew which pubs you could and couldn't go into unless you wanted to come back out through the window, courtesy of men in red berets.
The pubs we did go into were full of squaddies picking up the wags of the soldiers who were away.
The officers summer and Christmas balls were good fun though, great food and drink.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m getting tired of these thinly veiled “look at me, I’m going away” threads. Show off.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
When I lived in Ascot, a good friend who was stationed in Aldershot for 3 years took me out on the town a few times.
Good job too because he knew which pubs you could and couldn't go into unless you wanted to come back out through the window, courtesy of men in red berets.
The pubs we did go into were full of squaddies picking up the wags of the soldiers who were away.
The officers summer and Christmas balls were good fun though, great food and drink.
Back in the 80s when i started drinking in Aldershot ,the Paras had the town while as you look a the front of the Football ground to the right of the railway bridge was civvy pubs .In that mile long stretch stood 12 pubs,sadly today only 4 remain . Bar one Saturday night mid 88 we never had problems with the Squaddies ,that night it kicked off big time in Mcdonalds resulting in a mass brawl and plenty of arrests. Thank feck they were young Squaddies ,not the experienced lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here