Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] A plea to Harry and William

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ha, ha.

The Government agreed an increase for renovations to Buckingham Palace.

What wasn't revealed publicly until after the fact, was a sum was shaved off for a number of separate workers residences to be knocked together to produce a huge single house for them. Far larger than they actually require.

Defend it all you like, but it's hugely controversial, especially as they are independently very wealthy.

If this was MPs expenses you would be screaming foul.

Royal Families around Europe have stopped this nonsense and "cut back" on those are considered worthy of public funds to live their day to day lives.

Thunderbolt is a decent poster but she has a blindspot when it comes to royalty. They are absolutely beyond scrutiny and above the law and should be consigned to the bin. The very fact that the legal status of the crown estates is shrowded in mystery tells us all we need to know about the way royalty is propped up in this country.

But for all that, people seem happy for the status quo to carry on, in the same way that there is possibly a majority nationwide for wanting BJ's dreadful Brexit deal. People get the country they deserve.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-50121863/prince-harry-on-william-we-are-on-different-paths

Please sort things out between you, for the good of your family, our Royal Family, HRH The Queen :bowdown: and for the country.

You are universally loved, and your respective families, by this nation and we watch on with awe and pride but lets get this mess sorted out as your unhapiness is making the rest of us unhappy.

It's getting everyone I know down these talks of a rift between you, Mrs crodo is especially worried.

:nono:

Any confirmation as yet that H and W have read this plea ? All that really matters is the royal response to NSC’s ambassador to Windsor and the Theatre of Dreams.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Is this a Catholic Protestant issue?

It is clear that the majority of Catholics hate the monarchy and I was just wondering if this is reflected in peoples position on here or is this a left wing thing?

no, it's a "righteous, meritocratic, efficiency thing"

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Thunderbolt is a decent poster but she has a blindspot when it comes to royalty. They are absolutely beyond scrutiny and above the law and should be consigned to the bin. The very fact that the legal status of the crown estates is shrowded in mystery tells us all we need to know about the way royalty is propped up in this country.

But for all that, people seem happy for the status quo to carry on, in the same way that there is possibly a majority nationwide for wanting BJ's dreadful Brexit deal. People get the country they deserve.

i don't

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, normally I just chuckle & ignore them but this one is particularly spiteful.
Men talking about a mixed race woman after she's just had a baby, and the press invading their privacy by publishing private letters.
The Duchess of Cambridge sued when her privacy was invaded by topless pictures were published when they were on holiday.

The royals have an agreement with the press for access to prearranged photo shoots etc, in return for leaving them alone at other times.

I don’t think the original post was spiteful? What’s the fact she’s mixed race or a female got to do with anything? I agree people’s privacy shouldn’t be invaded.

Ps - where can I see these photos?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ha, ha.

The Government agreed an increase for renovations to Buckingham Palace.

What wasn't revealed publicly until after the fact, was a sum was shaved off for a number of separate workers residences to be knocked together to produce a huge single house for them. Far larger than they actually require.

Defend it all you like, but it's hugely controversial, especially as they are independently very wealthy.

If this was MPs expenses you would be screaming foul.

Royal Families around Europe have stopped this nonsense and "cut back" on those are considered worthy of public funds to live their day to day lives.

Where's all the complaints about renovating Westminster, which is costing as much if not more than Buckingham Palace, which is State owned.
If we had a President the upkeep would be all from the taxpayer. Macron lives in the Elysee palace.
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] I didn't say the OP was being spiteful, but that there are spiteful posts in the thread especially about Meghan's mental state.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Where's all the complaints about renovating Westminster, which is costing as much if not more than Buckingham Palace, which is State owned.
If we had a President the upkeep would be all from the taxpayer. Macron lives in the Elysee palace.
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] I didn't say the OP was being spiteful, but that there are spiteful posts in the thread especially about Meghan's mental state.

yeah but....... the photos?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don’t think the original post was spiteful? What’s the fact she’s mixed race or a female got to do with anything? I agree people’s privacy shouldn’t be invaded.

Ps - where can I see these photos?

Yep.

Would it have made any difference if Harry had married Christina Hendricks?

Apart from us being more jealous obviously.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Most spiteful thing I saw was a tweet that SB put on here which wasn’t from a poster... agree that was very narrow minded though (the tweet). But please don’t bring sex or race into it as that’s irrelevant and nobody has mentioned that etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ve googled the photos - have to say William is punching very, very hard :lol: Good lad :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here