Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] A plea to Harry and William

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know what they have got to complain about.

They are one of the few couples I know who don't get their Benefits stopped if they haven't applied for half a dozen jobs per month

What benefits? The only thing tax payers cover for them is security.

Only the Queen gets the Sovereign Grant.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-50121863/prince-harry-on-william-we-are-on-different-paths

Please sort things out between you, for the good of your family, our Royal Family, HRH The Queen :bowdown: and for the country.

You are universally loved, and your respective families, by this nation and we watch on with awe and pride but lets get this mess sorted out as your unhapiness is making the rest of us unhappy.

It's getting everyone I know down these talks of a rift between you, Mrs crodo is especially worried.

:nono:

Are they ??

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do people still not get Crodo’s threads?!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Is it really winning the lottery of life?

I mean in the middle ages, you got to live, by an order of magnitude, better than anyone else and got to tell everyone what to do

Now, I’m not so sure that many people, themselves included, see it as a positive

they could always abdicate, a decision only they can make,

and.... oh, as you were.

with all the downsides, they must be in absolute fear of generating their own money

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
They don't court the media and the only obligation they have to us is to visit other countries and charm them into doing business with us, whilst doing good charity work.

Sure they have a certain responsibility to us but we don't own their soles. I have never read these private letters between Meghan and her dad, and even though they were published, I would still wonder, and even question, why anyone would have any interest in reading them? Any on here ???

Harry is too close to the throne to be culled like the Swedish King did with the lower ranks and if he were, the cost of his personal security would cost as much as would be saved.

For Harry and William the silver spoon was whipped from their mouths the night Diana was killed and this royalty lark has been a curse for them. They paid the price early for all their privileges and I don't think they owe us anything.

so why are they bringing this torture to their children then?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do people still not get Crodo’s threads?!

Yes, normally I just chuckle & ignore them but this one is particularly spiteful.
Men talking about a mixed race woman after she's just had a baby, and the press invading their privacy by publishing private letters.
The Duchess of Cambridge sued when her privacy was invaded by topless pictures were published when they were on holiday.

The royals have an agreement with the press for access to prearranged photo shoots etc, in return for leaving them alone at other times.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Crown Estates allows for renovations and upkeep of houses.

Ha, ha.

The Government agreed an increase for renovations to Buckingham Palace.

What wasn't revealed publicly until after the fact, was a sum was shaved off for a number of separate workers residences to be knocked together to produce a huge single house for them. Far larger than they actually require.

Defend it all you like, but it's hugely controversial, especially as they are independently very wealthy.

If this was MPs expenses you would be screaming foul.

Royal Families around Europe have stopped this nonsense and "cut back" on those are considered worthy of public funds to live their day to day lives.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Will people stop being so selfish and just ask themselves how is Megan! She has no support and no frame of reference to being in the public eye.

TBH, hot, sexy women on TV shows such as Suits are very much in the public eye. Not as much as others but the tabloids keep a close eye on them in the States.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yes, normally I just chuckle & ignore them but this one is particularly spiteful.
Men talking about a mixed race woman after she's just had a baby, and the press invading their privacy by publishing private letters.
The Duchess of Cambridge sued when her privacy was invaded by topless pictures were published when they were on holiday.

The royals have an agreement with the press for access to prearranged photo shoots etc, in return for leaving them alone at other times.

It’s not spiteful at all. Just you choosing to read it that way.

There are many arguments for and against the royals. You have chosen to take one side without knowing the full facts. None of us do.

We all have our views - it isn’t spiteful just because you happen not to agree with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Harry is clearly heading for divorce and tears. Surprised it has lasted as long as this.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
And probably the majority of people in the country (and I expect 90%+ of those on this board) would describe themselves as financially secure, so there goes the upside.

I'm not sure they would. Home ownership is falling year on year, zero hours contracts are rising. Even amongst those with ostensibly steady jobs, large numbers are skint by the end of the month.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Harry is clearly heading for divorce and tears. Surprised it has lasted as long as this.

Why do you say this? Do you really believe his family background will lead to Harry forsaking his wife? He married a woman who is better prepared to handle the rigors of being in the spotlight of the tabloid press than any other royal I have ever witnessed. His love for her appears to be above reproach. I think it is Harry that would give up the royal heritage first like his great great uncle than his love for his American bride. That will make him beloved in America where he is always in the "news" whether it is worthy, fake or not.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Is this a Catholic Protestant issue?

It is clear that the majority of Catholics hate the monarchy and I was just wondering if this is reflected in peoples position on here or is this a left wing thing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here