Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] A plea to Harry and William

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Psssst! It’s HER that’s come between them...you know, the Yank...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I’d imagine it’s because the Royals court the media PR to make them appear relevant to the general public, the down side for them is the tabloids in particular cash their IOU on the way up and on the way down. But it’s a bind the Royals are in because they’re aware of there utter irrelevance to a modern society; much like the Swedish King who’s just culled a-load of their titles.

They don't court the media and the only obligation they have to us is to visit other countries and charm them into doing business with us, whilst doing good charity work.

Sure they have a certain responsibility to us but we don't own their soles. I have never read these private letters between Meghan and her dad, and even though they were published, I would still wonder, and even question, why anyone would have any interest in reading them? Any on here ???

Harry is too close to the throne to be culled like the Swedish King did with the lower ranks and if he were, the cost of his personal security would cost as much as would be saved.

For Harry and William the silver spoon was whipped from their mouths the night Diana was killed and this royalty lark has been a curse for them. They paid the price early for all their privileges and I don't think they owe us anything.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
FFS I know how this soap opera ends. After a few more dramas a truce is called. William and Kate do all the formal hard work, like travelling round the world first class, commonwealth walk abouts and other vital meeting and greeting stuff. Harry and Megan do all the caring charitable stuff and we all (we all = the establishment press and devote believers), learn to love and respect the heirs of Diana.

All in all this is a really good thing. Given they way we have been going through monarchs in battle the last few years, it make sense to stockpile them and make sure that we have a least 47 lines of hereditary heirs carefully cosseted away, regardless of the cost. The alternative is just too horrible to describe. Imagine if we had to go abroad and import one of those loathsome European royalists to be our monarch. How utterly ghastly.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
FFS I know how this soap opera ends. After a few more dramas a truce is called. William and Kate do all the formal hard work, like travelling round the world first class, commonwealth walk abouts and other vital meeting and greeting stuff. Harry and Megan do all the caring charitable stuff and we all (we all = the establishment press and devote believers), learn to love and respect the heirs of Diana.

All in all this is a really good thing. Given they way we have been going through monarchs in battle the last few years, it make sense to stockpile them and make sure that we have a least 47 lines of hereditary heirs carefully cosseted away, regardless of the cost. The alternative is just too horrible to describe. Imagine if we had to go abroad and import one of those loathsome European royalists to be our monarch. How utterly ghastly.
Yep.you can't beat good old Anglo Saxon Lineage

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Is it really winning the lottery of life?

I mean in the middle ages, you got to live, by an order of magnitude, better than anyone else and got to tell everyone what to do

Now, I’m not so sure that many people, themselves included, see it as a positive

I definitely think it’s a double-edged swords. Sure, you’re financially very secure, but that’s about the only positive thing. The constant intrusion from the press, having your every action jumped on. Genuinely think that would be horrendous. I would have lashed out many times by now. Fair play to all of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1186213266948874240[/tweet]

[tweet]1186224372694040577[/tweet]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I definitely think it’s a double-edged swords. Sure, you’re financially very secure, but that’s about the only positive thing. The constant intrusion from the press, having your every action jumped on. Genuinely think that would be horrendous. I would have lashed out many times by now. Fair play to all of them.

And probably the majority of people in the country (and I expect 90%+ of those on this board) would describe themselves as financially secure, so there goes the upside. To me that generation of royals have the chance, that most of us don't, to make a difference in the world about the things they are passionate about, poverty, landmines, womens education etc. That's the only reason I'd possibly choose to swap places with one of them ............. actually ......... Meghan v My Mrs? ....... ahhhh ok, i'd swap with Harry

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
All I have to say is that everyone has their challenges.. Being a new mother is tough enough, now imagine doing it with people constantly saying vile lies about you. It wears on you. I feel bad for Meagan, and hope she will be alright. Wish the tabloids would go away.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I understand it's been brewing for a while and originally stemmed from the' Buy our Queen a yacht campaign' https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/fundraising-underway-for--60m-yacht-gift-for-queen.html

They argued about whether or not they should put any money towards it themselves or let the general public donate the full amount. Also I think it is widely understood that Princesses Catherine and Meghan don't see eye to eye and they have different conflicting priorities.

:nono:

Graham Potter would be well qualified to sort that out!...… and I'm not entirely joking.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
[tweet]1186213266948874240[/tweet]

[tweet]1186224372694040577[/tweet]

Whatever I thought before, Toby Young is a sh1t of the first order. He knows about as much about emotional intelligence as my cat knows about astrology.... and I haven't got a cat.

I'm now firmly on Meghan's side!!!!

Actually I'm not really bothered, but I do think that the treatment that the royals get from certain sections of the press and social media is disgusting and I hope she wins her case against the Daily Mail!

Wouldn'tseeitintheGuardian!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whatever I thought before, Toby Young is a sh1t of the first order. He knows about as much about emotional intelligence as my cat knows about astrology.... and I haven't got a cat.

Actually I'm not really bothered, but I do think that the treatment that the royals get from certain sections of the press and social media is disgusting and I hope she wins her case against the Daily Mail!

What happened there? it was supposed to be quoting #51.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No amount of money, privilege or titles prevent post natal depression.
If she w suffering from a physical illness, she would have sympathy but mental health is treated differently by some people.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't know what they have got to complain about.

They are one of the few couples I know who don't get their Benefits stopped if they haven't applied for half a dozen jobs per month

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Of course my American cousin is for Harry and I am for William. Who is the future of England and the renewal of the continuing monarchy? Trump will be dispatched to losing his fortunes and Harry & Meghan will be the prince & princess of the future America. The brothers will further separate with Harry possibly moving to Los Angeles area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here