Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] TV Celebrities who dissapeared off the face of the earth....

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Have seen Mike Read a couple of times over the last few years, at book launches for Peter James' Roy Grace series of books. Still sounds quite poptastic when you chat with him.

Was on a cruise in August, and they had a guest Q&A thingie with the legend that is Des O'Connor - sounded very frail, and moved very slowly with help, but as funny as ever. Apparently doesn't tend to do any public appearances these days...the theatre was rammed with people wanting to see him, with all the stairways lined with people standing too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently he was an arrogant bully that peed off too many people.

I heard a podcast from a young comic whose name escapes me. He said that he was appearing in the Shooting Stars/Fast Show stage show and was getting laughs involving himself popping up from a trapdoor. Too many laughs for Lamarr, it seems, who got jealous, walked over to him and kicked him in the face. The audience thought it was part of the show but the Shooting Stars cast onstage and the Fast Show cast watching in the wings knew it wasn't and were horrified.

Heady!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Timmy Mallet

Good shout Bladders. As soon as Wacaday ended that was pretty much his career done. Still has his mallet though!
I follow him on Strava these days....spends a lot of time swimming in his pool, riding his bike with friends (Devon yesterday!), & painting landscapes along the way as hes a very accomplished artist.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Also from The Word:

Dani Behr - the sum total of her 21st century achievements are I’m A Celebrity and Come Dine With Me.

Katie Puckrik - jobbing for TV and newspapers where she can.

Amanda de Cadenet - divorced and married another pop star.

By contrast Dennis Pennis (Paul Kaye) seems to have kept busy.

I know Dani's brother well. He's a good guy.

She lives in Australia now. He had me in absolute stitches over that Come Dine With Me episode. From memory it was Dane Bowers, Big Mo and Bobby Davro and her. She got sick halfway through and he had to do the cooking instead for the other celebs.

Apparently all Bobby did was complain about what a hard time his ex wife was giving him and how depressed he was.......

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Apparently he was an arrogant bully that peed off too many people.

I heard a podcast from a young comic whose name escapes me. He said that he was appearing in the Shooting Stars/Fast Show stage show and was getting laughs involving himself popping up from a trapdoor. Too many laughs for Lamarr, it seems, who got jealous, walked over to him and kicked him in the face. The audience thought it was part of the show but the Shooting Stars cast onstage and the Fast Show cast watching in the wings knew it wasn't and were horrified.

Rhys Thomas. What he actually said was that he was supposed to pop up from a trap door and at one performance the timing was messed up and Lamarr fell down the hole, which wasn't supposed to happen, but the audience found it funny. Lamarr took things too far in the resulting melee and kicked him in the chest, not the face. He apologised afterwards, but subsequently, having got it in the ear from the other cast members, he thought that Thomas had been complaining to the others and got in his face saying 'If you've got a problem with me. etc.'

I know that Lamarr was famously combatitive ( https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2...-on-mark-lamarr-masterclass-handling-hecklers ) and wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm pretty sure that he could still be working if he wanted to be. I know he is good friends with Sean Lock who he co-wrote '15 Storeys High' with. I think that he is also friendly with Jo Brand & Mark Steele who he's done radio shows with. He chucked in working for Radio 2 when they wanted him to move his show to 6 Music and apart from a show for an airline radio and the fuss over his arrest and subsequent dropped charges last year, doesn't seem to have been heard from since. I seem to remember someone, perhaps Jonathan Ross, when asked about him, saying he just collects records and doesn't want anything to do with showbiz anymore. A shame for those of us who liked his comedy and his DJing, but if he's happy.

Now what happened to Chris Dean / X Moore of the Redskins?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Gary Wilmot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here