Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Horsham FC

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This post isn't to knock the club I think they've done well to finally get back to their own ground and the facilities look like they've been built with ongoing financial stability in mind, top job.

My question is has anyone played on or watched a match there and to you does the artificial pitch seem too short, as in the height of the astroturf or whatever the term is, to me it seem so short the ball was moving across it way too fast.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I told [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] not to mow it :facepalm:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I told [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] not to mow it :facepalm:

Reminds me of early versions of these pitches but may just be where the technology is now?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
This post isn't to knock the club I think they've done well to finally get back to their own ground and the facilities look like they've been built with ongoing financial stability in mind, top job.

My question is has anyone played on or watched a match there and to you does the artificial pitch seem too short, as in the height of the astroturf or whatever the term is, to me it seem so short the ball was moving across it way too fast.

I've played on it and seemed fine to me?

New ground is amazing...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I've played on it, and watched Horsham play on it a few times and its absolutely fine. I'm not sure what you are expecting from it, its very similar to a numbe rof other 4G pithes I've played on too.

No issues at all. For the level they play at its perfect and having the artificial pitch also generates much needed income as it is hired out for use a lot as well.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I watched them play Carshalton a couple of weeks ago, which I think was their first game under lights, so not as easy to gauge but the pitch looked good.
The stands at the moment seem a bit small and disconnected, but this is understandable. The bar/clubhouse behind one of the goals looks good though, but beer selection was poor. I'd go again though, if I was at a loose end

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here