Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who in our team is good at shooting?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeh, but it is reluctance? I think it’s pragmatism. We’re just bad at it. See the stats posted (or watch any Albion game). I think Potter has seen enough dibbly, dobbly trundlers and airline threateners in training to say “look lads, this isn’t our strong suit, when you get a sight of goal try and find a team mate in a better position”
Bad at it? Or just out of match practice at it?

Potter telling them not to shoot? No, I don't think so - yes, by all means look out for a player in a better position, but at the same time, if the goal's in your sites, FFS pull the trigger - just hit it hard and low!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Wasn't there a story about David Beckham staying behind after training just to practice shooting over and over again? I wonder how many of our players do that? Get that muscle memory working...

Gianfranco Zola used to do that . . . extra hour or so of free kick practice etc.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As I said elsewhere, I'm sure they can all kick a ball pretty accurately and hard/soft as they choose ( you'd bloody hope so anyway) but the time and space in the PL is more of an issue . . .or the lack of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here