Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Extra time winner or equaliser

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We seem to be conceding them but have we ever had one of ourselves since we’ve been in the Premier League? I genuinely can’t remember and given the joy such a thing would bring I should!

I clearly remember the Millwall Cup game but have I forgotten a PL winner or goal to level it up in extra time in the last two and a bit seasons?

Well?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hmmm off the top of my head no, that late equaliser of Solly's at the New Den in the cup apart

Can remember two or three in our last season in the Championship, but nothing since.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We seem to be conceding them but have we ever had one of ourselves since we’ve been in the Premier League? I genuinely can’t remember and given the joy such a thing would bring I should!

I clearly remember the Millwall Cup game but have I forgotten a PL winner or goal to level it up in extra time in the last two and a bit seasons?

Well?

The last late winners I remember are Birmingham away in literally the last kick of the game and that fantastic evening at home to Sheffield Wednesday winning with 10, albeit that that was in about the 88th minute and with 2 sendings off still to come.

I reckon the latest that we've scored a winner, or even an equaliser, in the PL is Andone's winner at home to Hudds last season. That was the 80 something minute, wasn't it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Well?

There weren’t many goals full-stop; let alone last minute ones.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The last late winners I remember are Birmingham away in literally the last kick of the game and that fantastic evening at home to Sheffield Wednesday winning with 10, albeit that that was in about the 88th minute and with 2 sendings off still to come.

I reckon the latest that we've scored a winner, or even an equaliser, in the PL is Andone's winner at home to Hudds last season. That was the 80 something minute, wasn't it?

Yes that game against Massive had absolutely everything, one of the most enjoyable games l have winessed in fifty years of watching football.

Two classic goals from Knocky, (one very late on), Stockdale's double save from the penalty, the sending off of Muzza, plus the two Wednesday players. I think l glided home on air, didn't need the NWSS coach.

The game up at St. Andrews was a classic too, with that late late winner from Glenn who sprinted the length of the pitch, (no mean feat for him), to celebrate wildly in front of us travelling fans. It was after that game that l finally thought, yes l think we can get promoted.

Two great memories.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We only scored 35 last year...and since we have back in the top flight, only 78 goals!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Murray 90th Min penalty to go 2-2 with Southampton 17th Sept 2018

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Of course. I had a feeling there was an earlier one.

Talking of late goals against Millwall. They were winning 2-0 going into the 84th minute on Saturday and ended up losing 3-2.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So one or two examples of us scoring in the last 10 minutes of a game which has affected the result since we’ve been promoted. We’re not good are we

Why do you think this is?

Fitness?
Concentration?
Relative weakness of bench?
Statistical blip?
Tactical? Ie trying to hold on for a draw instead of going for a win

We’ve conceded a fair few late goals as well. For example, Cardiff Away and Villa away at the weekend. The common denominator? First half sending offs changing the game

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Watched that in a pub in the square in Santa Ponca. There was a comper type bloke talking to the audience on the stage in the middle of the square, which is surrounded by the pubs and restaurants, so if you sit outside for your drinks/meal you can watch the entertainment (usually utter shite - but free so you can't moan). When the goal went in I naturally went radio (on me Jack apart from the missus and at the time 6 month old son), and the comper was mid sentence - went completely silent to let the audience listen to me go mad for about a minute. He finished with 'I think Brighton have just scored...'

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Knocky scored in the last couple of minutes against Tottenham last season, although we still lost 2-1. Very nearly got the equaliser too.

el punal

That Birmingham winner was 10-12 seconds from the final whistle, our Brentford equaliser (3-3) was 7 seconds from the end. :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here