Potter in or out?

• He should be given more time?

Votes: 205 96.2%
  • He should go now?

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boik

I see you have taken to just giving us a summary of your main points now. Must save you a lot of typing :thumbsup:

Spence is in the fortunate position of being able to criticise anyone and everyone without having to back it up. I'm certain that if Mr Potter was sacked he'd soon be telling us that the new guy wasn't up to the job and it wouldn't be who he would have chosen. Of course, he never has to tell us who he would have chosen, because we're all much more stupid than he is.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Youd have to be some sort of idiot to think a total change in style would bed in in less than half a season with largely the same squad as last season. At the moment we are at the start of a project and may well have to go backwards in order to move forward. Relegation wouldnt bother me although I dont think it'll happen.
I must admit I'd rather we played with a bit more width and stopped dicking about on the edge of the opposition penalty area.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have supported because even in defeat better to watch. However for first time Cup game and yesterdays as bad as any under Hughton. As well as supporting we pay for entertainment and when seeing Alzate played as full back and Mooy as a winger hope he is not losing plot. OK when winning to change system and team every game but if we look in danger of relegation he will be accused with some justification of not knowing what he thinks is best team or system.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Have supported because even in defeat better to watch. However for first time Cup game and yesterdays as bad as any under Hughton. As well as supporting we pay for entertainment and when seeing Alzate played as full back and Mooy as a winger hope he is not losing plot. OK when winning to change system and team every game but if we look in danger of relegation he will be accused with some justification of not knowing what he thinks is best team or system.

I have started to wonder if he picks a side via psycho analysis or form & tactics. ;-)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No way that you can surmise that kind of result. Going by history, Hughton always did his job and never had his team relegated.

It is okay to give Potter more time but not Hughton although the Albion will finish in relatively the same position in the tables.

Yes I can - it’s an opinion not a fact. We were horrendous for months last season and escaped by the skin of our teeth. Every game was dire. If the season has been another 2 games longer I think we’d have been doomed, and I don’t think we’d have changed this season.

Potter might give us the ability to progress....he might not. Happy we’re taking the chance.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes I can - it’s an opinion not a fact. We were horrendous for months last season and escaped by the skin of our teeth. Every game was dire. If the season has been another 2 games longer I think we’d have been doomed, and I don’t think we’d have changed this season.

Potter might give us the ability to progress....he might not. Happy we’re taking the chance.

Will you admit that you could be wrong if the Albion finish 2 points above relegation in 2020?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I have started to wonder if he picks a side via psycho analysis or form & tactics. ;-)

GettyImages-95442265-958d759dc60b4225929baa289c2a8d40.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nothing we do this season would change my opinion. I think we were nailed on to go down if CH had stayed.

For a PL novice, I don’t think GP has made many glaring blunders (but he should’ve made sub/s on 50 minutes on Saturday ... I thought so before they scored).

I think he’s hamstrung by not insignificant squad deficiencies. We generally agree what they are.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For a PL novice, I don’t think GP has made many glaring blunders (but he should’ve made sub/s on 50 minutes on Saturday ... I thought so before they scored).

I think he’s hamstrung by not insignificant squad deficiencies. We generally agree what they are.
Agreed, he needs time to adjust to the PL, lots to learn. He'll get outthought quite often as he gets to grips with it. We all need to be a bit patient. I think he'll need 2-3 transfer window to get the squad he wants.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sorry to dig him up again but in an interview after the B'muff game on Tuesday (27/12/22) he spoke about getting the sack. He mentioned how a Brighton web site spoke of him not wanted one day and wanted the next. So he DID read this thread.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sorry to dig him up again but in an interview after the B'muff game on Tuesday (27/12/22) he spoke about getting the sack. He mentioned how a Brighton web site spoke of him not wanted one day and wanted the next. So he DID read this thread.
Or one of the other 500 threads on the subject...

Might also be the "We Are Brighton" site or whatever it is called.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He probably needs to grow up if he is worried about that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
partridge-i-dont-know.gif

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Like most people Graham wanted to feel loved, and by and large most of us (95%) loved what he was doing and the progression the club was making. There was a run of six winless and goalless games last season when he could have been sacked, but Bloom and the majority of fans still backed him, so to say he wasn’t wanted is just him rewriting history. I was sad when he left, but already prefer DeZerbi. UTA.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Out IMHO

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Like most people Graham wanted to feel loved, and by and large most of us (95%) loved what he was doing and the progression the club was making. There was a run of six winless and goalless games last season when he could have been sacked, but Bloom and the majority of fans still backed him, so to say he wasn’t wanted is just him rewriting history. I was sad when he left, but already prefer DeZerbi. UTA.
Agreed - ‘Like most people’, I thought GP was a progressive manager for Brighton at a time we most needed it if we were to stay up in the PL - we generally loved the style of football beginning to be developed and he finished his last season with us in 9th and we were (4th?) when he went. No revisionist history for me. The antipathy stems from the way he left and if De Zerbi is preferred it is because he has taken what GP started and is developing it even further to greater effect. Watching Chelsea these days, I am beginning to see a departure between Potterball and DeZerbi ball, and I feel comfortable saying Brighton benefited from GP leaving. Already, our squad and style of play has outgrown (to our advantage) what GP would have been doing if he had stayed.

So ‘Potter out’ has been good 😉

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never thought I’d say this, as I loved how GP changed our style BUT De Zerbi appears to have taken Potterball and given it a touch of adrenaline.

I was as gutted when GP walked away as when Cattlin was sacked, not any more, I think we may have upgraded….just maybe Bloom had more vision and nous than most of us, and pocketed a fortune from something he did not seem to be worried about, whilst most of went into depression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here