Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Hundred Draft utter bobbins

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
All seriously though tonight is a vivid illustration of the money that could be going into promoting participation at club cricket instead go to Agents and players alike...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's strangely hypnotic but just utterly dreadful. It's all Root and co can do not to walk out and tell everyone what a waste of time this is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Many people had very negative thoughts about Twenty20 when it first came in - but I think this Hundred bl**dy thing is a step too far. Cricket-wise it is very similar to Twenty20 (100 balls instead of 120) but this whole franchise idea stinks. I've no interest in, or loyalty to, Birmingham Bashers or Southern Sloggers or whatever - and even less loyalty will be generated when they have a completely different team every year.
Some will doubtless be taken in by it, but not for me Clive.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Many people had very negative thoughts about Twenty20 when it first came in - but I think this Hundred bl**dy thing is a step too far. Cricket-wise it is very similar to Twenty20 (100 balls instead of 120) but this whole franchise idea stinks. I've no interest in, or loyalty to, Birmingham Bashers or Southern Sloggers or whatever - and even less loyalty will be generated when they have a completely different team every year.
Some will doubtless be taken in by it, but not for me Clive.

Quite, why do we need another smash and grab event, well it's all about money isn't it. Most of the uk don't even have a team like everybody in Sussex

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All sport these days is all about fleecing the general public

Long gone have the days of the Corinthian casuals.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As mentioned above, no history, no tradition, no rivalry and no interest. I expect it will be on PPV somewhere but I don't have that so fortunately, I won't even have the effort to turn it over when it comes on.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
It's not so bad, imagine a football franchise made up of players from Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth, we'd never have to make sure to be free on match days!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here