Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As much as I loved Chris, we would probably have lost, and be bored as well. With 11 on pitch, we would have coasted. They are playing very well.

Just look at the difference with shots on and off goal per game this season. Anybody trying to find negatives need to look back to last season when we hardly mustered anything

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m definitely in. With a small amount of better luck, and more professionalism, we’d be flying now. That said, we’re still averaging a point a game which will almost certainly keep us up. But above all it’s exciting and hugely entertaining.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just look at the difference with shots on and off goal per game this season. Anybody trying to find negatives need to look back to last season when we hardly mustered anything

52% possession v Villa? Despite 10 men for 55 mins away from home? Things have certainly changed in these here parts.

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
I started watching Brighton games because of Alireza, but I will keep watching because of Potter. Brighton has a bright future ahead of it with potter in charge.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Absolutely all in. So proud of the team, week in and week out they put in a shift everytime. I think if he carries on like this, I fear he'll get poached, let's hope that he can stick around for the foreseeable future!

"We want our celery, we want our celery" - Withdean J Block

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
First half hour yesterday was as good as anything I have seen supporting the Albion. Absolutely loving the football and surely results will change soon.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Absolutely keeping the faith. The standard of play is better than we would have expected. The points total is in the range we may realistically have thought - watching the Albion is not as depressing as last year - indeed its rather good. Yes we may well end up bottom 6 - but that was always likely.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Eleven months ago we were 1-0 up against ten men Leicester at the Amex after half an hour and managed to draw 1-1.

Contrast that with the courage and spirit shown yesterday. I know which side I’d rather watch play football

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Absolutely. Personally I'm loving the football we're playing now even if its not quite getting us the results we want or have possibly deserved.

I'd far rather watch our current football and go down than take another season of dull play like last season. Due to the time to fully develop and integrate into GP's style I think it will be tight as to whether we stay up this season, but I predicted 16th and am sticking to it.

A year down the line when everyone is fully up to speed having had a season to adapt, and with a bit of further strengthening next summer I predict our best season yet in 2020/21.

Glass definitely half full for me.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
As others have said, we have been terribly unlucky with stupid red cards and results that easily could have been different. The 3 consecutive 1-0 wins midway through last season were daylight robbery and ultimately kept us up last season in comparison. The style of football would keep me as team Potter even if the worst happened- which I don't think will

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I can hand on heart say despite the overall results so far GP is our most exciting manager since 'even before' Poyet.

It is a results business undoubtedly, and the bed wetters will soon start speaking up. But anyone who has watched all our games this season (full 90 mins, not highlights on Match Of The Day) can surely see the immense revolution Graham is 'over'-seeing here. The football we are playing is superb and unrecognisable from last season. And we finally have a manager who’s tactically flexible and not afraid to throw youngsters in.

I sincerely believe if we had the run of the green we’d be about 7 points better off.

I’m still keeping the faith. Are you?

I wholly agree !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am still in the Pro GP camp but am concerned at the stupid mistakes we are making that even a pub team wouldnt something is not quite right and in place to help our style.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Think Potter will turn out to be one of the great managers in the game.

What he did in Sweden was unbelievable. What he is doing here is unbelievable.

Just hope we can keep hold of him for as long as possible.

This. Maybe the fact that w're not picking up that many points is a blessing in disguise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am one of the few who still regards Poyet as an Albion legend... and even I would say what we're experiencing now under Potter surpasses what Poyet did with that struggling League One team who went on to win the league "****ing brilliantly".

Our time in the Premier League so far has been as expected. We have been relegation fodder who has relied on rigid defensive displays to grind out results.

Not anymore.

Under Potter, we are playing like the big clubs do. We're coming at our opposition with confidence. We're dominating possession. We're making and scoring plenty of opportunities. We can beat sides including the Champions League finalists 3-0 on our day.

We go 1-0 up. Sit back and defend? No. We're looking for a 2nd. A third. Like the big clubs play.

Down to 10 men? Backs to the wall? No. We will stick to our philosophy and play football. We were so unlucky not to get a deserved point v Villa.

Potter has been a true revolution so far. I really can't believe how a manager can change a club so much in such a short time.

I'd agree with all of that, other than the "scoring plenty of opportunities" bit. We've scored nine in nine, and even if you don't set aside the three against each of woeful Watford and sorry Spurs, our goalscoring is the one area where I'd suggest we could do much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here