Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I can hand on heart say despite the overall results so far GP is our most exciting manager since Poyet.

It is a results business undoubtedly, and the bed wetters will soon start speaking up. But anyone who has watched all our games this season (full 90 mins, not highlights on Match Of The Day) can surely see the immense revolution Graham is under-seeing here. The football we are playing is superb and unrecognisable from last season. And we finally have a manager who’s tactically flexible and not afraid to throw youngsters in.

I sincerely believe if we had the run of the green we’d be about 7 points better off.

I’m still keeping the faith. Are you?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In 40 years of watching BHA (admittedly the early years I was just a kid) I don't recall seeing such fluid expansive football, every game, and on the odd occaisions of pure joy, it was rarely in the top flight, or even division 2.

It will come good . . .good enough to stay up . . .and some. How far we can go, who knows, but I'm enjoying it.

Apart from 92-95 minutes yesterday, I was ****ing angry and had to go for a walk to cool off.

Calmed down now.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
As much as I loved Chris, we would probably have lost, and be bored as well. With 11 on pitch, we would have coasted. They are playing very well.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes, but he needs to stop the idiots getting sent off and Montoya nearly making it a double in the same game.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Team Potterball, it's obvious the gains we are making playing this way and results will come.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can hand on heart say despite the overall results so far GP is our most exciting manager since Poyet.

It is a results business undoubtedly, and the bed wetters will soon start speaking up. But anyone who has watched all our games this season (full 90 mins, not highlights on Match Of The Day) can surely see the immense revolution Graham is under-seeing here. The football we are playing is superb and unrecognisable from last season. And we finally have a manager who’s tactically flexible and not afraid to throw youngsters in.

I sincerely believe if we had the run of the green we’d be about 7 points better off.

I’m still keeping the faith. Are you?
Surely he's overseeing the revolution?

Yes, but he needs to stop the idiots getting sent off and Montoya nearly making it a double in the same game.
He can't stop them doing anything once they're on the pitch. He can (and no doubt has) have a word, but that's all. We certainly don't want Mooy banished from the land like Andone.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yes it’s great to watch , he just needs to get the team to have better game management , so we don’t keep dropping points

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
How he has transformed the playing style in such a short space of time says to me there are great things to come.

Imagine a year of his coaching and a couple of decent windows under his belt

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He can't stop them doing anything once they're on the pitch. He can (and no doubt has) have a word, but that's all. We certainly don't want Mooy banished from the land like Andone.

I think it's very doable to tell grown professional men to stop being cocks. Mooy got sent off because his initial yellow was foolish and petulant, he's supposed to be a grown up with experience. That can certainly be drilled into him, I think he got sent off for Huddersfield last season for something involving petulance too. I'd rip into Montoya for total stupidity after a yellow. They aren't kids and they should be told they cannot do this to the team, the club, the fans, the paying fans that have to endure another Saturday where 'we should have won' but for one person. Mooy will be over it, we're not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it's very doable to tell grown professional men to stop being cocks. Mooy got sent off because his initial yellow was foolish and petulant, he's supposed to be a grown up with experience. That can certainly be drilled into him, I think he got sent off for Huddersfield last season for something involving petulance too. I'd rip into Montoya for total stupidity after a yellow. They aren't kids and they should be told they cannot do this to the team, the club, the fans, the paying fans that have to endure another Saturday where 'we should have won' but for one person. Mooy will be over it, we're not.
No he didn't.

And I've already said that GP should 'have a word'; re-phrase that to 'rip into them' if you like. Whatever, I'm sure they will be hauled over the coals, but he can't actually stop them doing it again; only take sterner retrospective action should the need arise (unlikely)..

I think it's very doable to tell grown professional men to stop being cocks.
Sure: worked a treat with Andone....................

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We've moved forwards in leaps, so yes - I'm in. I love the way we're playing, and I wouldn't care if it was in the PL or the Championship - it's lovely to watch.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No he didn't.

And I've already said that GP should 'have a word'; re-phrase that to 'rip into them' if you like. Whatever, I'm sure they will be hauled over the coals, but he can't actually stop them doing it again; only take sterner retrospective action should the need arise (unlikely)..

Sure: worked a treat with Andone....................

Fair enough on the not getting sent off, don't know where I thought that from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here