Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still keeping the faith with Potter?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
to get us into the top 6 maybe

When we sign the strikers that Liverpool and City have, we'll be a lot more clinical in front of goal :thumbsup:

It may not even take that.

Maupay is still getting up to speed in this league as are Connolly and Alzate. All are playing very well and creating chances for themselves and all have shown more than enough to make me think it will only take a very small boost in confidence and slight adjustment in decision making and we'll see goals aplenty from all three.

On top of that, I'm seeing Propper, Stephens and now Schellotto being encouraged to have a go and I'm pretty confdent they will get their eyes in and contribute a few over the season. And we know we have others in the wings with goal scoring potentrial, Bissouma, March, Izquierdo and, yes, even Jahanbakhsh (mentioned in a positive light by Potter in interview yesterday - NSC may have given up on him, but I don't think Potter has).

And we STILL have Murray!

So I can see potential for us to become a significantly more prolific team in front of goal (and 8 in the last 3 home matches isn't too bad as a starting point) without splashing the cash on new strikers.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Keep the faith lads.

Tough break today.

- we didn’t play anywhere near what we’re capable of
- Man U’s goals were disgustingly lucky and arguably one should have been Var’d out due to handball (obvs not as it’s Old Trafford)
- we couldn’t make a tackle without the ref automatically giving a foul and a yellow card
- Man U had a rare good game

We move on. Lots more games and points to play for. I still have faith in the Potter. I would like us to get a really good alternate hold up striker to give us more options going forward tho.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A result like today is on the cards every time we play a big team. I was just plain embarrassed by the way we approached away games last season, apart from hating watching. Today I was naive enough to think we were still in with the chance of a point right up until the third goal

Team Potter here and I expect three more, possibly heavy, defeats in the next three games too

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Experienced enough to hammer Spurs into the following week.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
He got it all wrong today but will learn he is still very inexperienced as a Premier Manager.

Yep. This season is very much a transition season. There's been many superb performances (unexpectedly so - GP has instilled his philosophy far quicker than I imagined) but there's always going to be performances and results like today where things don't quite go our way or GP gets it wrong. That's football. Many new players learning to play in the Premier League, too. They, and Potter, will learn a lot from today. We'll pick ourselves up and go again against Leicester. Very very tough test again but at home hopefully our performance will be stronger at least. We're building season on season, slowly but surely. Long may it continue.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
For such a thoughtful, intelligent manager, I’m really struggling to understand where he thought he was going with that team today.

Still a fan, but that wasn’t great......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Got it wrong today, but still a good whole season away before I'd be concerned.

I think Leicester will be the toughest test so far for us (and that includes City), so tactically it will be interesting to see how we react.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Still Team Potter.

He's not Gandalf, and he's not Yoda. He's human and he's learning - just like we all do in life and our careers.

He'll take something from today and it'll benefit us in the long run.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think Potter is great and I love what he’s doing to our team but definitely think he had an off day today in terms of formation and personnel to start and them also the subs. He’ll learn from today I’m sure if it.

Massively team Potter.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes but got it badly wrong today.
Not saying we should have won but we are capable of playing better than that no matter who the opposition is home or away.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought he got it wrong today. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts to it. Popular wisdom says you learn a lot about your team in defeat and I think Potter will learn two up away from home isn't going to work and hopefully that we need a better option at RB and that Burn cannot play LB against pace.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If I was looking at recruitment in January or next season I would be looking at the full backs. Montoya is no where near the level of Bruno at his peak, and Burn looks more like a centre back, a little bit clumsy at times at left back. A left back you usually consider as nippy and can swing in crosses at times as well as can defend.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Utd closed us down very quickly Stephens dithered a lot yesterday which didn’t help. Last minute of the first half injury time we had three runners in their box and we passed back to Ryan. Summed up yesterday in a nutshell.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The way United played , there wasnt anything tactically that would of got us a result with the players we have and the players they have.

Not even worth analysing IMO.

Leicester next

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that in his own mind he will realize where he went wrong and hopefully make the required adjustments. He doesnt seem a man to blame others if he has made the mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here