Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thank you Aston Villa stewards

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Yesterday didn’t turn out being the fun day out I had hoped for.

I lost my mother in July to leukaemia in a very short period of 12 weeks from start to finish.

My father was diagnosed with Prostate cancer 4 years ago and has been in severe decline for some weeks. We decided that I couldn’t do much and should go yesterday expecting dad to hang in for a few days yet.

I was found out that he had passed away about 40 mins before kickoff.

I spoke to my wife and brother which left me very emotional and very short of phone battery.

I approached a steward for help.

I cannot thank them enough for their swift and complete help. They took me straight to the guy in charge of our end who took my phone to his office to charge and returned it at halftime. I was given use of a side office to make some calls.
The real compassion of all throughout was fantastic. At full time all shook my hand and the head found me to express their condolences and hug me.

I’d also like to thank Rupert the Albion fan who found me in tears in the Whitton Arms and made me smile.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Thanks for sharing. Well done the Villa stewards.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

It's good to read about the kindness and thoughtfulness of other people who helped you when you needed it. Well done to them

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing and sorry for your loss. I’m so pleased that you got the compassion and respect that any of us would wish for in such circumstances. Well done to the Villa stewards.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What an awful year for you, and your family. Reading this leaves you a bit lost for words when you think your own problems are bad. Compared to some, they are piffling...

I can only wish you the best going forwards and hope you always remember the good times you had with them. Don't let it affect your life to your detriment. Neither your Mum, nor Dad would want that.

We're all here if, or when you need us to talk rubbish and cheer you up. :smile:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Terribly sad story, yet a inspiring one.

So sorry for you loss of both your parents and please remember there are lots of people thinking of you and your family at this time.

Cheers.

Dave.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I lost my mother in July to leukaemia in a very short period of 12 weeks from start to finish.

My father was diagnosed with Prostate cancer 4 years ago and has been in severe decline for some weeks. We decided that I couldn’t do much and should go yesterday expecting dad to hang in for a few days yet.

I spoke to my wife and brother which left me very emotional and very short of phone battery.

I cannot thank them enough for their swift and complete help. They took me straight to the guy in charge of our end who took my phone to his office to charge and returned it at halftime. I was given use of a side office to make some calls.
The real compassion of all throughout was fantastic. At full time all shook my hand and the head found me to express their condolences and hug me.

I’d also like to thank Rupert the Albion fan who found me in tears in the Whitton Arms and made me smile.

What a terrible thing to happen to you, It's lovely that in times like this people can go out of their way to help despite affiliations.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Win, lose or draw, things like this put the result of any football match into true perspective.

At the end of a tough week for football, it's reaffirming that there is still a lot of humanity left in the beautiful game, even at the top level.

Keep posting on NSC regardless of how you're feeling in the days and weeks to come.

We're all here for you and it would be an honour to help.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Poignant and moving. Thank you for sharing your story and all the best for the future in your efforts to come to terms with all this.
Thank you too for letting us know of the kindness of strangers, both the Villa stewards and fellow Albion fan. It is uplifting to be reminded that there are such good people around.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sorry for your loss, but amazing how such a small gesture can help.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I cannot begin to understand what you're feeling right now, but just think that your parents will always be with you in your heart and mind :)

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Sending my condolences to you and your family. I can not imagine what you are going through so glad the stewards showed such compassion to you and helped you when you needed it the most. Take care.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here