Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Trouble in the Doug Ellis stand at the end of the game

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Anybody closer than me know what happened at the back of the stand where the two sets of fans were closest to each other , the stewards piled in pretty quickly so was hard to tell exactly what was happening .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One NSC contributor has just found himself with a surprise stiffie.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I did see on Twitter yesterday that someone or some people were ejected for homophobic gestures to the away fans so maybe it was connected. I have to say that all the Villa fans that I spoke to yesterday were very friendly so other than the result I had a good day out.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Anybody closer than me know what happened at the back of the stand where the two sets of fans were closest to each other , the stewards piled in pretty quickly so was hard to tell exactly what was happening .

Saw a video earlier on twitter of the incident. Just a load of Villa gloating and few Brighton boys trying to get at them, with stewards stopping it. Nothing really

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I was in that top corner - 2 seats from the covered seats. First half saw the usual words and gestures from 3/4 blokes from both sides. Kicked off a little bit following the disallowed goal when one of our chaps from the back row came across me and an old boy next to me to wind Villa fans up by constantly doing the VAR sign in their faces. A few Villa reacted and the stewards got involved. One of the Villa fans in particulate looked a bit crazy!

Second half was pretty quiet on that front until the winner!! They were understandably celebrating in our faces. I stayed a few of minutes to clap the lads ... then 30 seconds after I had left for the stairs, it kicked off again. A few of our chaps approached the covered seats to gesture back at them and then a few of there's went mental. The crazy one I mentioned above was just possessed ... his face and eyes were like something out of a zombie movie ... looked like he might have been on something (unless that's his normal behaviour)!! But stewards got involved again and I didn't see any physical contact made!

Anyway ... I thought that lads on the pitch were fantastic!! Gutted at the result!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I did see on Twitter yesterday that someone or some people were ejected for homophobic gestures to the away fans so maybe it was connected. I have to say that all the Villa fans that I spoke to yesterday were very friendly so other than the result I had a good day out.

Saw one of their fans being ejected from bottom of their North stand about 30 minutes into the first half. Was led out by a steward and copper so presumably he was one of them. Thought it was quite funny how the celebrated like they'd won the FA Cup when all they'd managed was to scrape a home win against a team that had played with 10 men for an hour. I bet they're praying Grealish doesn't get injured as otherwise they're f*cked.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
I was sat in the doug ellis with my son (he is villa) but we were right at the back row tt but we didnt see anything. villa fans couldnt believe their luck as we played them off the park till mooy got his 2nd yellow. my lad said that greilish went down very easily. hey ho onwards and upwards.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Saw one of their fans being ejected from bottom of their North stand about 30 minutes into the first half. Was led out by a steward and copper so presumably he was one of them. Thought it was quite funny how the celebrated like they'd won the FA Cup when all they'd managed was to scrape a home win against a team that had played with 10 men for an hour. I bet they're praying Grealish doesn't get injured as otherwise they're f*cked.

Tbf they had just stolen a win against a vastly superior football team. We used to celebrate such theft when we were in their position in years gone by.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I was in that top corner - 2 seats from the covered seats. First half saw the usual words and gestures from 3/4 blokes from both sides. Kicked off a little bit following the disallowed goal when one of our chaps from the back row came across me and an old boy next to me to wind Villa fans up by constantly doing the VAR sign in their faces. A few Villa reacted and the stewards got involved. One of the Villa fans in particulate looked a bit crazy!

Second half was pretty quiet on that front until the winner!! They were understandably celebrating in our faces. I stayed a few of minutes to clap the lads ... then 30 seconds after I had left for the stairs, it kicked off again. A few of our chaps approached the covered seats to gesture back at them and then a few of there's went mental. The crazy one I mentioned above was just possessed ... his face and eyes were like something out of a zombie movie ... looked like he might have been on something (unless that's his normal behaviour)!! But stewards got involved again and I didn't see any physical contact made!

Always makes me laugh this. One of the best ones with Bolton was our last game at Maine Rd against City when there was only one line of stewards between us & the "lads" on both sides spent the match threatening each other & "trying really hard " to push past the stewards to get at each other. At the end, we came out of a gate right next to the City fans with the same lads next to each other but with no stewards or police around........& absolutely nothing happened.

Anyone playing up in the ground, behind police & stewards, is full of piss & wind.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

Yes I saw that, he was caught making a limp wrist hand gesture towards the Brighton fans so presumably this was possibly the homophobic gesture that has been reported.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here