Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHA Hall of Fame

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Do the club have an official Hall of Fame? And if not should they? And who would be in yours, say you had a top six of all time, and yes I know we can realistically only go back to the mid 50s onwards for this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do the club have an official Hall of Fame? And if not should they? And who would be in yours, say you had a top six of all time, and yes I know we can realistically only go back to the mid 50s onwards for this.

Criteria?......................

Best ever players?
Our personal favourites?
Minimum number of games played? 40? - 50? (might rule out Vicente, but he was really somebody else's legend - that might upset some I know)

Personally I think many of us would struggle to keep it to 6. Top 26 and that might be on!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Criteria?......................

Best ever players?
Our personal favourites?
Minimum number of games played? 40? - 50? (might rule out Vicente, but he was really somebody else's legend - that might upset some I know)

Personally I think many of us would struggle to keep it to 6. Top 26 and that might be on!

I guess whatever the club criteria would be if they had one. Wherever BHAFC would start with an official Hall of Fame.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought this was meant to be a thread about who we on NSC would want on it.

Well yeah, but my first couple of lines were if there was an official one or not and if not who would you want there. Sorry if I've confused.

Personally;

Peter Ward
Mark Lawrenson
Brian Horton
Lewis Dunk
Glenn Murray
Garry Nelson

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Well yeah, but my first couple of lines were if there was an official one or not and if not who would you want there. Sorry if I've confused.

Personally;

Peter Ward
Mark Lawrenson
Brian Horton
Lewis Dunk
Glenn Murray
Garry Nelson

swap Murray for Sully and I think you've nailed it :thumbsup:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Tommy Cook
Charlie Webb
Peter O’Sullivan
Peter Ward
Mark Lawrenson
Brian Powney

Not that these are necessarily my favourite players but I think they would tick most boxes for Hall of Famers

Foster and Nelson would probably be next on my list but to put people like Dunk in there now would be a bit of an insult to those who have gone before. I think of Barber had his way he would ignore anyone pre Amex. It’s all about the Premier League you know.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Tommy Cook
Charlie Webb
Peter O’Sullivan
Peter Ward
Mark Lawrenson
Brian Powney

Not that these are necessarily my favourite players but I think they would tick most boxes for Hall of Famers

Foster and Nelson would probably be next on my list but to put people like Dunk in there now would be a bit of an insult to those who have gone before. I think of Barber had his way he would ignore anyone pre Amex. It’s all about the Premier League you know.

Grumitt is probably my favourite keeper even to this day

Powney let in 8 against Bristol Rovers

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Grumitt is probably my favourite keeper even to this day

Powney let in 8 against Bristol Rovers

Powney played 351 matches over 14 years for what is his local club. I was there for the Bristol match - I wouldn’t put the 8 goals down to him.
I agree with your opinion of Grummitt - he was probably the best keeper we ever had.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just players? What about Mike Bamber, Dick Knight. Tony Bloom, Billy Lane, Alan Mullery, Chris Hughton?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Have we moved to America?

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Why does it have to be only 6 ?

My list would start with Dave Turner, Jimmy Collins, Norman Gall and Wally Gould - and that's just one season !

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Have we moved to America?

Let's hope not, Yorkshire would be easier! ;-)

70's Peter Ward/Alan Mullery/Brian Horton

Early 80's probably not Gordon Smith (he did score actually. . . .) maybe Michael Robinson (bottled it at Smiths expense) and whilst passed his prime, Jimmy Case.

Late 80's Garry Nelson. . . . Robert Codnor?

Zamora

It's like comparing fangio with Jensen button, impossible and pointless.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Surely Richard Tillman and Stafford Browne would be obvious choices

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Personally;

Peter Ward
Mark Lawrenson
Brian Horton
Lewis Dunk
Glenn Murray
Garry Nelson

Agree with these but Zamora and Bruno need to be in for me as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oddly restrictive 6, not even a team. for that reason im out.

(and how could any hall of fame omit Zamora?:facepalm:)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Tommy Cook
Charlie Webb
Peter O’Sullivan
Peter Ward
Mark Lawrenson
Brian Powney

Why not Dunk?

Brighton boy, more club appearances than Peter Ward and Mark Lawrenson, England international whilst still at the club,and now skipper in what could prove to be our most successful period ever.

Ditto for Bruno, and Caldi.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here