Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the greatest ever BHAFC football team ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is this the greatest ever BHAFC football team ?

I have been supporting the team since 1972 and I would have to say. Yes. Results will come. We have an amazing squad of players now. The second 11 would probably walk the Championship

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, I am absolutely convinced that player for player this is the best squad by some margin

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
By sheer strength in depth, yes without a doubt. Not our best front 11 though, that would most certainly be between 77/79.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Having been there today, I would agree - and I've been following since 1959. The first half performance was so impressive - but we give too many silly fouls away still. We still need to turn the classy play into more goals though.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Due to the difference in the nature of football squads between now and the late 70s the squad is the best undoubtedly

Wasn't there in the 70s so can't tell whether the first team is better now or then

Someone who can be arsed could list both teams and do a poll for each position, eg Stephens v Horton etc.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The late 70 s was a great time to be a supporter of this club and as I am so old I saw it all. We basically took the piss for 3 years but for me this squad of players has even more potential

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Having players sent off seems to have really cost us. Andone, Southampton, Mooy, Villa . Am convinced both games wouldve been positive results with 11 on the pitch. Before Spurs i was worried about being able to apply the finishing touch. Now am confident the results will come and we have a great team. We still need to add a striker though. Without getting enough game time Murray is gonna find it hard to drop in now and again. Am not writing him off just being realistic for his age.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Difficult (or impossible!) to say - our team from the late 70s through to the early 80s was pretty damn good at times - Ward, Horton, Ritchie, Lawrenson, Stephens (Gary), Robinson, Fozzy and many more - but the game is so different today that you can't really make comparisons. Horton would have hardly ever lasted to half time without a red - and Tank probably wouldn't even have got out of the tunnel!
They were great days - but I was young then! This present lot seem pretty fair though!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Difficult (or impossible!) to say - our team from the late 70s through to the early 80s was pretty damn good at times - Ward, Horton, Ritchie, Lawrenson, Stephens (Gary), Robinson, Fozzy and many more - but the game is so different today that you can't really make comparisons. Horton would have hardly ever lasted to half time without a red - and Tank probably wouldn't even have got out of the tunnel!
They were great days - but I was young then! This present lot seem pretty fair though!

Ah Paul Clark, what a lump he was, great midfielder. I remember seeing him in EP when I was about 15 and thought he looked like Teddy Maybank so asked him to sign an autograph for me as Maybank :laugh:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not sure about ‘team’ but this squad has to be the best ever.

Consider that we have, on loan, a £20m rated defender Liverpool are apparently after who has already won an award for being the best player in the Championship for a month; a forward playing Champions League football creating assists against Real Madrid and then an Argentinian international midfielder playing for the biggest club in the Southern Hemisphere WHO ALL might not be good enough to get in our squad, let alone our team!

The strength in depth is mind blowing.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yes i’d agree... the first half against Newcastle (as I was at the game) is the best i’ve ever seen us play live...

If we continue to struggle i’ll be hugely surprised.

If the lads keep believing in this system we’re going to teach Everton a lesson, and finish Silva once and for all.

Bring them on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here