Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your favourite Sixties songs

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I was friends with a DJ in a club in Ibiza back at the time that this song was released. When this song was played I was asked to lean out of the window (it was a club on the first floor) and to keep an eye out for the Guardia Civil as the song was banned at the time (days of Franco). Happy and innocent days :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was friends with a DJ in a club in Ibiza back at the time that this song was released. I was asked to lean out of the window (it was a club on the first floor) and to keep an eye out for the Guardia Civil as the song was banned at the time (days of Franco). Happy and innocent days :lolol:

I was an unknowing toddler. Despite being in a pop music loving household, I only found about it as a teen.

I always envisage it being played in caftan wearing, hash cloud, hippy parties.

(I know others who went to Ibiza in those days .... the first wave of cosmopolitan tourists to the island. Funny that Franco thing isn’t it. A murderous friend of Hitler’s, who somehow survived another 30 years, with the juxtaposition of mass tourism from true democracies from the 60’s onwards).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here