Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation odds ?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
About right at the moment.

Come the end of the season I expect us to be above Burnley, Bournemouth and Palace too though.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we finished top half, we’re a lot better than our current position and points tally as Everton will find out on Saturday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bunching up.

I wonder what our odds were after the Spuds, and separately the Norwich wins, were? Much longer than 4/1 I’d imagine.

F1822A50-D247-405E-A67F-D9363E6F43C7.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bunching up.

I wonder what our odds were after the Spuds, and separately the Norwich wins, were? Much longer than 4/1 I’d imagine.

You can see that on Oddschecker.,..,

1. Click on Brighton to open up a window of odds history.

2. It defaults to changes today, so click "All History", eg

Screenshot 2019-12-01 at 21.55.33.png

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The way Everton are playing those odds are daft - but they will dump Silva and get a manager who will straighten them out enough to avoid relegation

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
After the Norwich win you could have got sevens.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It’s going rather well.

View attachment 118297

I set quite a lot of store in what the bookies say (well, they've certainly got the better out of my dealings with them over the years). What encourages me is that they have set those odds on performances rather than points on the board. I know that because they have us much less likely to go down that Newcastle and Burnley who have more points than us.

The bookies have been watching us and they are seeing what we are seeing.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I set quite a lot of store in what the bookies say (well, they've certainly got the better out of my dealings with them over the years). What encourages me is that they have set those odds on performances rather than points on the board. I know that because they have us much less likely to go down that Newcastle and Burnley who have more points than us.

The bookies have been watching us and they are seeing what we are seeing.

Odds are dictated by the bookmakers exposure to losses, not by what they see on the pitch.

Fewer people are backing us to go down compared to the other teams you mentioned.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Odds are dictated by the bookmakers exposure to losses, not by what they see on the pitch.

Fewer people are backing us to go down compared to the other teams you mentioned.

I would imagine a far few Geordies are piling into Newcastle keeping them short, while Everton's odds for Top 6 ....

nah I just can't finish that sentence due to laughing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It’s going rather well.

View attachment 118297

That seems about right.

Watford and Norwich starting to look unlikely to reach 35+ points.

Southampton and Villa look shaky but the January window could make enough of a difference for them.

As for the albion, 6 points vs Sheff Utd and Bournemouth would make for an excellent return after playing everyone once.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
That seems about right.

Watford and Norwich starting to look unlikely to reach 35+ points.

Southampton and Villa look shaky but the January window could make enough of a difference for them.

As for the albion, 6 points vs Sheff Utd and Bournemouth would make for an excellent return after playing everyone once.

I was thinking the same. We've got an excellent chance of completing our first half of fixtures and being up around 24 or 26 points. They won't be easy though, (as we found out against Muff last year). But if we do, we'll probably only need 12 or 14 in the second half of the season.

I have every confidence that there will be no repeat of last seasons bad second half. In fact, our current form, shows that we're improving as we get more used to the playing style and our young players get more used to the premier league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here