Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players ratings Villa - Brighton

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Most on here who were there today have said the same thing about Solly today. He looked unwell.

Solly's ''running distance stats'' are never very high anyhow. I thought he was OK. Not brilliant but with a man down it would have been suicidal for him to try stay too far forward and try to get up and down the pitch too much.

I think the Manager got it right in keeping Solly quite tight to try and force Villa to try and play the ball inside to force them to play through the middle

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Ryan - 4 - one great save but parried a couple he should of held, was lucky with the VAR and would have stopped the winner if he didn’t drop to his knees

Montoya - 5 weak link in the back four. Need a decent right back in Jan
Webster - 8 looks a very decent player and still learning
Dunk - 7 The normal Dunk performance, how Southgate thinks Mings is better is beyond me
Burn - 7 Steady and some great interceptions

Stephens - 8 immense today, man of the match for us. What a transformation this year
Propper - 4 not a fan of his and thought he was dire today. Gives away possession, can’t tackle and is embarrassing in the final third. Lucky to be in the side.
Mooy - 5 was playing very well before getting himself sent off.
Gross - 7 some great touches. If only he had some pace.

Connolly - 6 ran well and gives us an option. Unfortunate with his one on one.
Maupay - 7 never stopped trying all game. Unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

March - 5 - not Solly’s best game today.
Alzate - 6 looks confident and starts instead of Propper for me in the future.
Duffy - 6 did ok when he came on

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - Average

Ryan - 5 - a couple of brilliant saves, but sadly its the ones you let in, and he was culpable for the winner
Montoya - 5
Burn - 6
Dunk - 7
Webster - 7
Mooy - 3 - stupidity
Stephens - 8
Propper - 5 - poor by his standards.
Gross - 7
Maupay - 6
Connolly - 5

March - 6
Duffy - 6
Alzate - N/A

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m giving them all 10s, with exception of Mooy, who utterly blew it for the rest.

They need our support, Mooy included however, not endless threads and comments deconstructing their every move and perceived fault.

Too much raking over the tiny details, too little support and forgiveness which remains the domain of the devine.

They’re playing well in a world of tiny margins, keep the faith and the reward will follow.

Onward to smote the ruin of our next foe upon the chalky down side.

“You’re stood in a dimly lit passageway which runs from east to west, bending northwards in the distance. There is a door in the south side of the corridor. Do you wish to try the door? Turn to page 333, follow the passageway? Turn to page 127, Or search for a hidden secret passageway in the immediate vicinity? Turn to page 65.”

Eeeeep.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well, I thought Solly shored up the gaping hole on the left that appeared after Mooy went off and wasn't half as bad as is being made out on here. I was stood in amongst his 'fan' club today where he was Solly ****ing March and Solly the ****. Support at its finest. Yes, he's still one footed and misplaced a couple but it wasn't his side that Villa created anything from and that's where the goal and danger came from in the first half.

The centre forward experiment was odd though.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Well, I thought Solly shored up the gaping hole on the left that appeared after Mooy went off and wasn't half as bad as is being made out on here. I was stood in amongst his 'fan' club today where he was Solly ****ing March and Solly the ****. Support at its finest. Yes, he's still one footed and misplaced a couple but it wasn't his side that Villa created anything from and that's where the goal and danger came from in the first half.

The centre forward experiment was odd though.

I agree. I think the sub should have been made as soon as Mooy went off. It would have been hard on Connoly, but necessary - and we may well have made it to half time 1 up.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Ryan blew it for me, should have done better for both goals. I know he is a decent keeper, but I still have no confidence in him.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Kicking the ball away is so Sunday league such a silly booking Mooy I am afraid to say probably cost us the game 5

March made a real impact got into good positions and was unlucky not to score he made one run into the box with five Villa players around and one Brighton player his cross was poor but so to was his odds of picking one from five 7

Ryan made some good saves sadly lost concentration in the last second of the game might have saved it otherwise 7

Everyone else 8 on another day Mooy stays on and we run out 0-3 winners that's football we move on, the improvements are there for everyone to see at times

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I like March but he must have been far from match fit. His play when he had the ball was fine. However - there were several times when we didnt have possession and he was just jogging languidly about.

Watch the 2nd goal again and where he is positioned. I was screaming at the TV for him to get back and close players down. Murray doesnt have his pace but would have been tearing about to close the Villa players down.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I’m amazed at some of the comments on here, you would think half our side didn’t have a clue, sadly I think it’s half our fans who are clueless, at least in my opinion.

I was there as I have been throughout the Premier League experience and to be able to watch the transformation of our team this season is a joy. To see a team down to 10 men and have a defender late in the second half in the opposition box having a shot on goal is a dream. No longer a backs to the wall defensive bore when going down to 10, we continue to play football and with plenty of attacking intent yet still people come on here and continually pull our players apart, not seeing the massive improvement under GP of all the players.

I was disappointed with Aaron Mooy, we all are, but without Jack Grealish pulling the strings Villa would never have won that game. Some of the criticism on here of Solly March, Davy Propper and Martin Montoya is totally over the top and people must be watching a different game to me.

What is really nice for me is seeing the changing opinion towards Dale Stevens who has been immense this season and was again yesterday, our player of the season so far by a mile.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I’m amazed at some of the comments on here, you would think half our side didn’t have a clue, sadly I think it’s half our fans who are clueless, at least in my opinion.

I was there as I have been throughout the Premier League experience and to be able to watch the transformation of our team this season is a joy. To see a team down to 10 men and have a defender late in the second half in the opposition box having a shot on goal is a dream. No longer a backs to the wall defensive bore when going down to 10, we continue to play football and with plenty of attacking intent yet still people come on here and continually pull our players apart, not seeing the massive improvement under GP of all the players.

I was disappointed with Aaron Mooy, we all are, but without Jack Grealish pulling the strings Villa would never have won that game. Some of the criticism on here of Solly March, Davy Propper and Martin Montoya is totally over the top and people must be watching a different game to me.

What is really nice for me is seeing the changing opinion towards Dale Stevens who has been immense this season and was again yesterday, our player of the season so far by a mile.

Stevens was dead on his feet for the last 10 which was the primary reason we went deeper. I'd love to know how far he ran yesterday. The options further up the pitch means he can play more rather than passing backwards towards his own goal as 8 men remain motionless in defensive banks of 4 that we were used to. So much of the good stuff now goes through Stevens and Gross.

There is a lot to be positive about. I should have been gutted yesterday but was strangely upbeat. We'd outplayed Villa with 11, only had a dodgy spell when Mooy got sent off and more than held our own in the 2nd half. I have a nagging doubt that we keep being unlucky but I can't believe we are bottom 3 from what I've seen so far unless - and its possible - the lack of a result drains confidence.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Just home. God that was frustrating. We were absolutely all over them until Mooy’s stupidity - poor from a player as good and experienced as him and like Andone vs Saints I’m certain this cost us 3 points. We’d have walked it with 11 men, that 30 mins was just beautiful to watch. I thought we also still did well in the second half - carved them open a few times with some lovely football.

Happy with most of the performances. Surprised at the lowish marks for Montoya, thought he did plenty of decent work. Stephens and Pröpper were fine, the CBs were all pretty decent and Maupay was a handful (but should have done better with some of his chances).

March however looked utterly lost - not fit, on no wavelength with anyone else and knackered after 20 mins. Alzate on the other hand looked total class when he came on - can’t believe the composure the lad has.
Absolute perfect summary - exactly how I saw the game.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ryan blew it for me, should have done better for both goals. I know he is a decent keeper, but I still have no confidence in him.

Interesting. Where you at the game? Made a series of fantastic saves. Could’ve been 4-1 without him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here