Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players ratings Villa - Brighton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Matt Ryan 5 - very lucky with the disallowed goal and should possibly have done it better on the last goal.

Martin Montoya 5 - difficult task but generally a pretty poor performance
Lewis Dunk 7 - good passing, had good control over Wesley but gave away too much space a few times especially in the first half. Overall good though.
Adam Webster 7 - the goal was great and his overall defending okay but some poor passing
Dan Burn 6 - did what you could expect in a difficult situation

Aaron Mooy 2 - he was great on the pitch but for such a experienced player to make those stupid decisions simply should not happen. Should be ashamed.
Dale Stephens 7 - great passing, hard work, contributing a lot but like everyone else he had issues with Grealish and McGinn
Davy Pröpper 4 - really poor performance. Surprised he played 90 minutes.
Pascal Groß 8 - Nice assist and overall a great performance both in attack and defense. Clever player. If he was quick as well he would be a Champions League level player.

Aaron Connolly 6 - close to a seven. Great runs and hard work but a bit too eager sometimes.
Neal Maupay 8 - maybe should have scored but I think Neal was great today. Excellent runs, great passing, rarely loses the ball unnecessarily.

Solly March 7 - the man is painfully one footed but gave the team more pace and had some great runs.
Shane Duffy 6 - decent but the build up play got very weakened the second he came on. Sadly.
Steven Alzate - played too little, but looked lively

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Mooy -0 cost us 3 pts.
March - 2 Needed to put in a shift and failed. Everyone else, 8.

Well on top with 11 on the pitch and when down to 10 still carved out some chances.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Matt Ryan 5 - very lucky with the disallowed goal and should possibly have done it better on the last goal.

Martin Montoya 5 - difficult task but generally a pretty poor performance
Lewis Dunk 7 - good passing, had good control over Wesley but gave away too much space a few times especially in the first half. Overall good though.
Adam Webster 7 - the goal was great and his overall defending okay but some poor passing
Dan Burn 6 - did what you could expect in a difficult situation

Aaron Mooy 2 - he was great on the pitch but for such a experienced player to make those stupid decisions simply should not happen. Should be ashamed.
Dale Stephens 7 - great passing, hard work, contributing a lot but like everyone else he had issues with Grealish and McGinn
Davy Pröpper 4 - really poor performance. Surprised he played 90 minutes.
Pascal Groß 8 - Nice assist and overall a great performance both in attack and defense. Clever player. If he was quick as well he would be a Champions League level player.

Aaron Connolly 6 - close to a seven. Great runs and hard work but a bit too eager sometimes.
Neal Maupay 8 - maybe should have scored but I think Neal was great today. Excellent runs, great passing, rarely loses the ball unnecessarily.

Solly March 7 - the man is painfully one footed but gave the team more pace and had some great runs.
Shane Duffy 6 - decent but the build up play got very weakened the second he came on. Sadly.
Steven Alzate - played too little, but looked lively

Webster struggled with Wesley pretty much all game, and was unfortunately had a fault in both goals given away.

Mooy until he got sent off was easily the best player on the pitch, just oozes class and composure on the ball. Stupid split second decision today by him cost us the win but to say he should be ashamed today is surprising.

March was absolutely dreadful when he came on, looked like he had no idea what instructions had been given to him or what his actual role was. Completely different player to the one of last season and the one who started this. And pace and runs? What on earth was you watching? He looked slower than Gross and after being on for 15 minutes look completely knackered. The decision to put him upfront baffled many of us there today. Alzate should have come on at half-time instead of him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I don't know whether I'm on the right thread, but they were all either shit or brilliant. I just haven't decided which were which yet

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Ryan - 7

Montoya - 6 - good going forwards but very lucky not to get sent off with the rash challenges made when on a yellow card. Right decision to take him off
Webster - 6 - brilliant goal from set piece, but unfortunate at fault for both goals.
Dunk - 7
Burn - 7

Propper - 5 - poor, surprised he stayed on
Stephens - 6 - not great but not poor either
Mooy - no rating but before sending off was the best player on the pitch

Gross - 8 - good runs, good passes, good cross
Maupay - 6 - tried to hard I think, seems a bit greedy at times
Connolly - 6 - definitely should have scored one, maybe even two. Harsh to be taken off but was obvious he’d be the man sacrificed

March - no rating because he was dreadful, don’t enjoy saying that but the decision to bring him on at half-time was a strange one
Duffy - 7 - won everything in the air, lead from the back when he came on
Alzate - 6 - good few runs in his opening moments on but seemed to give up after 5 minutes or so of play

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
March looked like he was on mogadon and his decision making was dreadful (sadly it nearly always is). The most frustrating Albion player for me as he has so much ability.

Ryan kept us in the game but maybe could have done better with the final goal (I can’t bear to watch it again so this is an opinion on one watch in real time). He also spilt a couple of shots that could have cost us.

Some of Dunk’s long passes were more like hoofs

Propper was a mix of good and bad but his body language after his shots shows a player with no confidence in the final third.

We were not at our best with 10 men but prior to that we looked comfortable. Maupay or Gross my MOM although Stephens was reliable as he has been all season.

I’d give most 8 before the sending off and 5-6 afterwards. It’s tough playing with 10 men for 60 mins
Having said all that I enjoyed the game and can’t really complain about any performances apart from March’s. Mooy was looking really good before the sending off.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
One thing I do know is dunk is better than Mings by a country mile.
Loved it when Tyrone passes to the advertising hoardings in first half.
Still will not get picked tfor England though.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Predictable NSC. March comes on at halftime and puts in a big shift and is one of our most creative outlets and NSC claim he was shit.
This HAS to be a wind up I am missing?

You only report half the story. he put a shift in, got into positions and to gilt edged opportunities where he could have won the game or laid it on a plate, then spectacularly failed. He's consistent if nothing else.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You only report half the story. he put a shift in, got into positions and to gilt edged opportunities where he could have won the game or laid it on a plate, then spectacularly failed. He's consistent if nothing else.

I think “shit decision making” covers that :wink:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I thought Propper was our best player playing with his back to goal

Dunk didn't have his best of games. Gave it away very cheaply on more than one occasion. Wish Southgate wasn't there.

Stephens MOTM

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Stephens was emense

What is this love in about grealish on Twitter ?

Without Grealish we would have won that game comfortably, even with 10 men. EVERYTHING good came through him, best player on the pitch by a distance. He’s an irritating little shit but he is one hell of a player, sadly.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
We lost to Villa! Surely no one can get more than a 6? Will put mine up when we get home.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Stephens was best player on the pitch for me. Disappointed with Gross and Propper. Montoya was so lucky to not see red several times, much worse than anything Mooy did.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Without Grealish we would have won that game comfortably, even with 10 men. EVERYTHING good came through him, best player on the pitch by a distance. He’s an irritating little shit but he is one hell of a player, sadly.

But did he touch the ball when we had 11? Not much

Stephens was the best in the pitch today - you seen his heat map incredible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Considering how we were in total control up until the sending off, and even with ten men kept more possession than they did and pretty much matched them - with several occasions on which we looked likely to get the winner - there's some pretty miserly player ratings on here tonight!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I thought we were really good. Stephens and Propper especially. Very open game. An on form March would have won it. He was poor today. What if Trossard came on instead of him?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Predictable NSC. March comes on at halftime and puts in a big shift and is one of our most creative outlets and NSC claim he was shit.
This HAS to be a wind up I am missing?
Were you there ???

He was clueless and looked unwell I thought he was going to throw up ten minutes into the 2nd half.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here