Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Yeovil Town v Haringey Borough F.A.Cup game abandoned.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think the inference is that you come across, as how does one put it?

I’ve got it ————- racist!

Ok can you provide me with some quotes from me to back this up? My post earlier said 'I agree it's (racism today) is wrong. Over to you.........

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
People can be shocked all the time whilst this shit still goes on.
The expected abuse is typical of the higher echelons of the football leagues, whilst the lower leagues you don't really expect it.
That's not saying I'm being naive, but it just seems closer to home when it's at your 'local' club.
These brilliantly entitled knuckledraggers should be publically humiliated.
IMO of course.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the inference is that you come across, as how does one put it?

I’ve got it ————- racist!

He’s a simple troll. Nothing more and nothing less. He had a phase where he followed me around the board for a short while calling me a hypocrite for various perceived misdemeanours. I can imagine he was patting himself on the back thinking how clever he was; the reality was he didn’t really understand my humour.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How many racists were there. ?
Couldn’t the police have sorted it out .
Abandon the game...... dearly me.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
How many racists were there. ?
Couldn’t the police have sorted it out .
Abandon the game...... dearly me.

On your first point - 2.

On your 2nd - it's quite hard to continue the game when one side is refusing to play. I guess that the ref chose to abandon it knowing that this would pass any decisions regarding the outcome on to the FA.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How few racists does it take to make it acceptable?

Well let’s put it this way then..... it’s a shame that a few racist twats get a game called off and ruin the day for the majority of good, decent fans.

But you knew what I was saying anyhow.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well let’s put it this way then..... it’s a shame that a few racist twats get a game called off and ruin the day for the majority of good, decent fans.

But you knew what I was saying anyhow.

The problem is, in a large crowd of 30,000 plus, a few racist voices are swallowed up and their insults lost. Whereas in a crowd of a couple of thousand, with the players within missile and insult throwing distance, the problem is more real for those affected. You wouldn’t be allowed to throw objects at someone in the street and hurl racial abuse, without expecting the full force of the law to come down upon you.

I take it you are more of the sticks and stones mentality?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
On your first point - 2.

On your 2nd - it's quite hard to continue the game when one side is refusing to play. I guess that the ref chose to abandon it knowing that this would pass any decisions regarding the outcome on to the FA.

I don’t for minute condone any of that nasty business but I don’t think it takes players to refuse to play.... to get where we all want to go with this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The problem is, in a large crowd of 30,000 plus, a few racist voices are swallowed up and their insults lost. Whereas in a crowd of a couple of thousand, with the players within missile and insult throwing distance, the problem is more real for those affected. You wouldn’t be allowed to throw objects at someone in the street and hurl racial abuse, without expecting the full force of the law to come down upon you.

I take it you are more of the sticks and stones mentality?

No Darky not at all. I just think that a couple of twats at football can be handled quickly and efficiently without the game being cancelled ... that’s all.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I don’t for minute condone any of that nasty business but I don’t think it takes players to refuse to play.... to get where we all want to go with this.

I'm with you. I was only giving my thoughts as to why it was abandoned, not making judgement on the rights/wrongs of the either the situation or outcome.

Last edited:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
So, you don’t believe any of the quotes attributed to you in post #15 are in the slightest bit racist, or could be construed as being racist? That clearly explains your stance here...

Ok please can you tell me where I'm racist here:

Will keep 'kick it out' and all the others who make a handsome living in the 'racism in football' industry busy.

I'm absolutely intrigued as to what is racist here. Over to you to perhaps break it down and tell me whats racist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here