Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Yeovil Town v Haringey Borough F.A.Cup game abandoned.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just a thought - if, as that report said, 99% of Yeovil supporters were equally disgusted, there can't have been more than a very few doing the racist abuse. The total number of Yeovil supporters won't have been that great, so surely stewards - and hopefully police too - could have sorted out the handful of culprits and removed/arrested them?

Hopefully followed by prosecution for their vile offences.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just a thought - if, as that report said, 99% of Yeovil supporters were equally disgusted, there can't have been more than a very few doing the racist abuse. The total number of Yeovil supporters won't have been that great, so surely stewards - and hopefully police too - could have sorted out the handful of culprits and removed/arrested them?

Hopefully followed by prosecution for their vile offences.

Be interesting if they award the game against yeovil

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Like I said Monday we can’t complain about others whilst we can’t eradicate it from our grounds

Our grounds? It’s our society!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Do you really find what happened at Yeovil 'depressing' ? You must have an easy and stress life if that gets ya down.

Yeah, I find it depressing, that in 2019 some rancid tw@s find it to be acceptable that they can go to a game of football, and pour such abuse on a player of a different colour, that his teammates walk off. It won’t cause me to suffer with clinical depression, but, it does get me down, I thought we had moved on from this type of thing, but it appears we haven’t .

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Yeah, I find it depressing, that in 2019 some rancid tw@s find it to be acceptable that they can go to a game of football, and pour such abuse on a player of a different colour, that his teammates walk off. It won’t cause me to suffer with clinical depression, but, it does get me down, I thought we had moved on from this type of thing, but it appears we haven’t .

Agree its wrong but 'depressing'??

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Agree its wrong but 'depressing'??

FFS.
Okay, it pisses me off, I’m not impressed, it gets my goat, I find it annoying, I’m disappointed, it’s ****ing wrong, I’m a tad peeved, it makes me angry, it raises my hackles, it’s got my back up, it draws my ire, it gets me down.

I could have used any of the above, I didn’t, I said it depresses me, not in the medical sense, but in the modern vernacular. You choose to question my use of the word ‘depressed’, would you have preferred I made no comment at all?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Will keep 'kick it out' and all the others who make a handsome living in the 'racism in football' industry busy.

We know where you stand.

I was talking about abuse in general directed at footballers. We hear so much about racist abuse but the other types of abuse footballers endure is ignored.

I said the money they get paid must sugar the pill and that i would put up with it for that money.

Such is the BBC's desire to be right on it will probably be won by a disabled muslim lesbian.

I couldn't give a definative answer but I would imagine many would. I would guess if was a white candidate in her constituency they wouldn't win as many votes.

I just happen to hold the 'wrong' views on things.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Haringey used to play right next door to White Hart Lane, wonder if they still do or got bulldozed by Tottenham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here