Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mooy to Galatasary?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sheer stupidity by Mooy and he’ll learn.

However, as good a player as Grealish is (and he is), he is just a vile individual. In the referees ear for 90 minutes, trying to get players booked...... horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Grealish is a horrible individual second only to the SEGW for his whining and cheating. But he wasn't cheating on Saturday. He was clearly hacked from behind in a moronic challenge from a player already booked for an act of petulance and immaturity.

Any different to Andone's act of stupidity? Not really except that Mooy had TWO acts of crass stupidity. Hopefully the club has fined him the max and he'll be training with the kids this week.

Based on the maturity shown by Alzate and Connolly he could probably learn a lot from them.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He's a very good player and a very welcome addition to our midfield - and you don't want him to play for us because he's just had his first ever red card?

Sorry, no sense in that whatsoever.

Let's hope it doesn't become a habit.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agreed. Grealish is a horrible individual second only to the SEGW for his whining and cheating. But he wasn't cheating on Saturday. He was clearly hacked from behind in a moronic challenge from a player already booked for an act of petulance and immaturity.

Any different to Andone's act of stupidity? Not really except that Mooy had TWO acts of crass stupidity. Hopefully the club has fined him the max and he'll be training with the kids this week.

Based on the maturity shown by Alzate and Connolly he could probably learn a lot from them.

Would that be the same Alzate who has dived a couple of times?

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Totally agree with GT49er.

Yes, we lost to a gutting last ten-sec goal and many have lain the blame at Aaron Mooy and yes, he must take some of the blame but not be castigated for to the level that I have seen here and in many other places. His first yellow for kicking the ball away after conceding a free-kick was admittedly stupid and the ref had no choice, but the second had many permutations as to the final result of the tackle. The ref was in an unfortunate area seeing the tackle from where he was if he was ‘able’ to see it again with VAR then he would have seen that it was clumsy and not worth a booking, it was a foul which any other day would not have been worthy of a yellow card.

However, the VAR discussion could go on all season into its true effectiveness in football; it is swings and roundabouts as Dean Smith was moaning about Conor Hourihane’s goal being disallowed and people are moaning that Aaron Mooy’s foul should have been reviewed, but VAR’s ruling states that a review for a foul can happen when: “any offence by the attacking team in the build-up and the ball going out of play prior to goal” and as Brighton were not attacking then VAR is ineffective for the defence.

We have to bear in mind as GT49er said that this was Aaron Mooy’s ‘first’ sending off of his footballing career and totally out of character for him, so I will cut him some slack on this one.:smile:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Best player on the pitch until his sending off. Showed remorse and acknowledged/ apologised for his stupidity. Annoying but we move on. Shame he won't be available for Everton.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Tad over dramatic which was a bit like Grealish’s ‘fall’ to the ground rolling around in agony...watched it and Mooy half pulls out of the tackle..realising he’d been beaten by the ‘skill’ of the player (He clearly is a very skilful one)..just my opinion like...wouldn’t really have been a problem but for the first booking which i thought was harsh (same ref who I made a few balls up in our game at Millwall last season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here