Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mooy to Galatasary?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Sending him to Turkey wouldn't be a harsh enough punishment in my eyes. Couldn't we just force him to watch a DVD of last seasons every game, in slow motion, on repeat for 2 days non stop? Or would that mentally destroy him for the remainder of his life which I suppose is going too far?

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Sheer stupidity by Mooy and he’ll learn.

However, as good a player as Grealish is (and he is), he is just a vile individual. In the referees ear for 90 minutes, trying to get players booked...... horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can easily be sorted by refs first warning players for that kind of unprofessional behaviour and if they keep doing it then book them. Of course that would mean we need to find some decent refs, which is the hard part.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It can easily be sorted by refs first warning players for that kind of unprofessional behaviour and if they keep doing it then book them. Of course that would mean we need to find some decent refs, which is the hard part.

Spot on.
The quality of officiating is abysmal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Very unlucky with the 2nd yellow I thought. Grealish knew what he was doing and played for it.

Unlucky or not, why on earth was he sliding in from behind, on the edge of our penalty area when he'd just been booked?

He was either testing the ref, or he's just a bit thick at times. Either way, hopefully this will teach him a lesson

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have gone all the way back through his career and that is the first time he has been sent off.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I feel very angry with Mooy today. He was silly and he will have to accept his naive approach probably cost us at least a point today and maybe three. The first booking was ridiculous to pick up in the 30th minute. The 82nd minute yes...
but not then. The second....l well I’m even going to go there... It doesn’t even matter whether he clattered him or not.
Make no mistake here the lads played well today, deserved better and will get the run of green eventually but Mooys actions cost us ultimately

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And doesn’t that make it all the more frustrating Publius.

Frustrating it is, I'd agree. I think the point is that it is not something that Mooy is always likely to do - in fact the chances of him getting sent off - or even yellow carded - are very slight. He's got a very good discipline record, and is not a mental time-bomb of a dickhead liable to go off bang at a moment's notice anytime.

So the point is that those comparing him to Andone and calling for the same consequences are ....... well, let's just be polite and say they are calling it wrong.

Truth is that he likely cost us the match today, its too early for a decision on him but given what happened to Andone.... it makes you wonder ?
No it doesn't.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not going to get on Mooy's case too much, but it's bloody annoying. Two sending's off this season. Both bloody stupid (in their own way). Both first half against teams we'll be competing closely with. Both cost us big points and gave them to our rivals.

Got to not let that happen again this season

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Frustrating it is, I'd agree. I think the point is that it is not something that Mooy is always likely to do - in fact the chances of him getting sent off - or even yellow carded - are very slight. He's got a very good discipline record, and is not a mental time-bomb of a dickhead liable to go off bang at a moment's notice anytime.

So the point is that those comparing him to Andone and calling for the same consequences are ....... well, let's just be polite and say they are calling it wrong.

No it doesn't.

I’m not comparing him with Andone and I know he’s not a ‘bad’ lad but he let everyone down today. Poor decisions but let’s move on.... just a little gutted tonight.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And doesn’t that make it all the more frustrating Publius.

Very much so....but to suggest he is an idiot ( al la mr Baine) or some people suggesting he cost us the game is ridiculous.

So many people of here have short memories...

Yes he shouldn’t have kicked the ball away and yes his tackle was hard, but very cleverly made to look like he scythed the player...which he didn’t! Grealish knew exactly what he was doing.

We move on.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I doubt he will be playing next week after that red card.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I can't speak for the OP (though I suspect similar motivation), but when I said I was thinking of posting the same thing, I would have meant it in jest, trying to amuse myself instead of getting upset about how things panned out today. Frankly I'm surprised so many people in this thread are taking it so seriously.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The first yellow was really stupid, why even bother to do this ffs knowing what the penalty could be, Potter will be having words.
The second probably out of frustration for getting the first and played right into Grealish's hands.
I have an inherent dislike of players who deliberately go out to get other players sent off, but Mooy was bloody stupid and let's hope we don't see anymore of this.
Cost us the game, would rather he didn't play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here