Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Who is surprised we lost today? All the super fans who think changing the manager transforms the club. They are idiots. A few more games, about 15, and we can take our first tentative guess

Both goals today were highly avoidable. The first was rank bad marking, the second poor match discipline, giving the ball away with a risky forward ball instead of keeping possession deep in added time, and then compounding the error by not tracking a runner.

For all the pretty football, we are brittle in defence and I fear it will cost us. .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So, so ****ing angry today to say we were robbed is an understatement but we make errors and it is costing us badly at least 6 points so far.

Positives - we played really well, we attacked, we still went at them with a man less - surely at some point the tide has to turn in our favour........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The VAR ruling out of that first Villa goal was absolutely ludicrous. OK it went in our favour this time, but fvck a duck, how the bollock they arrived at that conclusion is utterly beyond me. Ryan wasn't fouled at all, he just screwed up. And then you see the Watford penalty review - stone wall - and they DON'T give it, and you just have to throw your hands up and say WHATS THE FVCKING POINT ? And thats before you even look at the big screen farce there that said "no goal" when, err, actually it was.

VAR is a joke.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
@%1;Superstition corner - I “thumbsed up” the opening post of each match thread for quite a few weeks. Came to the Spurs match and I hovered over the thumbs up button, but decided against it.

No more thumbs up from me.

Well, thank you very ****ing much.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The VAR ruling out of that first Villa goal was absolutely ludicrous. OK it went in our favour this time, but fvck a duck, how the bollock they arrived at that conclusion is utterly beyond me. Ryan wasn't fouled at all, he just screwed up. And then you see the Watford penalty review - stone wall - and they DON'T give it, and you just have to throw your hands up and say WHATS THE FVCKING POINT ? And thats before you even look at the big screen farce there that said "no goal" when, err, actually it was.

VAR is a joke.

Yep

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who is surprised we lost today? All the super fans who think changing the manager transforms the club. They are idiots. A few more games, about 15, and we can take our first tentative guess

Nice weather today, my tie is red. Anyone have a boat? I have some worries about if I can afford a dog when I turn 50. Wonder what I'm having for breakfast on Friday.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I don't think I've been as frustrated at losing today. We played so bloody well and should have won it
had Mooy not been so effing unnecessarily silly. We were all over them until that point. I'm really optimistic for the
rest of the season.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's almost as if the referees want VAR to be considered rubbish, in comparison to what we had before.....

Well they're doing a bloody fine job.

How a bunch of policy makers and then video ref's can make such an utter balls up of a decent initiative is bewildering in the extreme

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't think I've been as frustrated at losing today. We played so bloody well and should have won it
had Mooy not been so effing unnecessarily silly. We were all over them until that point. I'm really optimistic for the
rest of the season.
Was working so haven’t seen any highlights, the radio commentary said the first yellow was a joke?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Was working so haven’t seen any highlights, the radio commentary said the first yellow was a joke?

It was petulant stupidity on Moody's part, the ref should have warned him and stamped his authority on the game at that point. He didn't have a grip on it really.

The second yellow was hard, Grealish had a massive flouncy mr Tumble like roll around as if someone had taken a scimitar to his Achilles (if only). Mooy tried to get out of the challenge I think but it was game over.

I don't think the ref could keep up with the pace of the game TBH, the Connolly/Montoya fouls and AV booking being a good example.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

It was. But at the time you don't expect a follow up yellow so soon.

And the ref was so inconsistent all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here