Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Expert Pundits

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Charlie Nicholas has clearly not been watching our games:

There is a lot that I like about Villa. Defensively they are vulnerable, but they will be safe. Graham Potter is wondering if he can change or make it different. He has changed the structure and it has not really worked, although they were fantastic against Tottenham.

It is attacking and it can work. Jose Izquierdo and Anthony Knockaert always played wide and they were the out ball. It wasn't always successful but it was a relief, but they don't have that now. I see a comfortable Villa win.

CHARLIE PREDICTS: 3-1 (18/1 with Sky Bet)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12090/11837784/charlie-nicholas-premier-league-predictions

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh my gawd! Izzy is injured for the foreseeable future and we've...........lent out Knocky to some Championship outfit to find his level! I never realised it before Charlie Nicholas hit the nail on the head - we're doomed, I tell you ............. doomed!
Potter out! Barber out (just because it always has to be Barber out)! Nicholas in!

:facepalm:

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I love the opinions of 'expert' pundits who have either never managed or failed at management.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yeah we’re really struggling with an out ball, what with dominating posession in most matches. That game against Newcastle, we just couldn’t find anybody what with our only 72% posession!

Jeez, where do they get these morons?! It’s fair enough to predict we’ll lose but try and back it up with informed opinion. Idiot.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wasn't the out ball previously long to Murray who was one of:
Offside
Fouled by his marker
Fouled his marker
Lost possession
Or rarely brought others into play

phazza

Aug 17, 2012

It's so annoying the amount of pundits that talk about Brighton that clearly haven't watched them. It's poor and lazy to base their comments purely on reading stats and watching match of the day. I truly believe with a bit more luck and/or being clinical in front of goal we would have at least 8 more points. We have been playing close to the way we did against Spurs in most games. Definitely going in the right direction.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A knows *uck all view...
Indeed. And that's not to say Villa won't win comfortably, of course they could. What's wrong is the nonsense about Izquierdo and Knocky. Izzy hasn't played well for us for, well, I can't even remember the last time, and Knocky was dropped in favour of better options. To suggest we used to have pace for relief, but don't now is just nonsense.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Wasn't the out ball previously long to Murray who was one of:
Offside
Fouled by his marker
Fouled his marker
Lost possession
Or rarely brought others into play

Does the volley away at Palace count as losing possession?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's so annoying the amount of pundits that talk about Brighton that clearly haven't watched them. It's poor and lazy to base their comments purely on reading stats and watching match of the day.
What I will say is that to know the strengths and weaknesses of all teams in the PL, the way many of us here know Brighton, would take a lot of dedication and passion. Sadly no wealthy ex-pro has either. You'd be more likely to find a fan who knows the details of each team (and also understands the game), but it's easier to sell some crap ex-pro to your average armchair fan.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yeah we’re really struggling with an out ball, what with dominating posession in most matches. That game against Newcastle, we just couldn’t find anybody what with our only 72% posession!

Jeez, where do they get these morons?! It’s fair enough to predict we’ll lose but try and back it up with informed opinion. Idiot.
It’s either work on Super Saturday or attend the AA meeting :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here