Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 1/2price BT Sport

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t know if I’m allowed to post this, if not, mods please take it down.

Offer on Wowcher for 12 months 1/2 price BT Sport.
£9.50 for the voucher code, £14.99 a month, £20 set up fee, so, not quite 1/2price but, nearly.
9C96615D-1BB3-4CA9-98C0-9D2F64B17583.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The £15 a month offer is handy if you don't have BT broadband. If you have (or want) BT broadband then the standard price is £15 I think.

Note, you get BT Sport, but not in HD.

What ****ing century are we in? Who is going to be getting this package without owning an HD TV?

That's enough to put me off.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The £15 a month offer is handy if you don't have BT broadband. If you have (or want) BT broadband then the standard price is £15 I think.

Note, you get BT Sport, but not in HD.

What ****ing century are we in? Who is going to be getting this package without owning an HD TV?

That's enough to put me off.

You can get HD for a few quid more, I didn’t bother, I can’t tell the difference anyway.:mad:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You can get HD for a few quid more, I didn’t bother, I can’t tell the difference anyway.:mad:
I think it was £7 more. I first got HD back in 2006. I can't believe that's still considered an add on, as opposed to basic.

If the difference isn't blindingly obvious, I'd think something is wrong with your setup (or you have a tiny TV)? DVDs are ok, but if I use one of Sky's standard definition channels it immediately looks soft, so I switch to their HD channel (same programme), and all is good.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think it was £7 more. I first got HD back in 2006. I can't believe that's still considered an add on, as opposed to basic.

If the difference isn't blindingly obvious, I'd think something is wrong with your setup (or you have a tiny TV)? DVDs are ok, but if I use one of Sky's standard definition channels it immediately looks soft, so I switch to their HD channel (same programme), and all is good.

Or people dont really care that much, its only TV. If I watch a game on TV it doesnt add anything by watching it in HD or not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or people dont really care that much, its only TV. If I watch a game on TV it doesnt add anything by watching it in HD or not.
I don't need the picture to be fancy, but when I see football in the standard definition my sky box gives, it's not a good experience. The fuzziness detracts from the game. I don't watch in 4k, just 720p, so technology that's 15 years old (well, the technology is probably a chunk older than that, but sky have had it for something like that long).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We’ve had Virgin TV (and its predecessors) since the mid 90’s. I can’t think of a single negative in the service, plus it never goes wrong.

(We use BT hardware for broadband, purely because we use another third party, highly regarded, ISP).
Your lucky our service has at least a weekly issue 2 weeks ago nothing for five days this week hasn’t been great, they compensate you but not by much moving soon and will probably go back to sky.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
We’ve had Virgin TV (and its predecessors) since the mid 90’s. I can’t think of a single negative in the service, plus it never goes wrong.

(We use BT hardware for broadband, purely because we use another third party, highly regarded, ISP).

Does it not take you three minutes at least to start iPlayer or YouTube?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’ve just renewed my BT sports. I said I wanted to leave, they said “how about £6 per month”, I said “oh go on then”. There’s deals to be done if you’re out of contract.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here