Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you Lawro ....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

SAC

May 21, 2014
He predicts what he thinks the result will be, not what we want the result to be. He's been pretty good at it so far this season, never losing to his guests.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think he gave us 11 points last season

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
.I've given up looking/caring what his predictions are. I already know that 99% of the time he will have us down to lose.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The constant bitching about Lawrenson baffles me. He's from Preston, father played for them and has always supported them. He went on to win countless trophies with Liverpool and always talks with fondness about his time here at the Albion whenever asked. Yet some people get an outraged boner if he doesn't mention us all the time as if he's personally disrespecting them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The constant bitching about Lawrenson baffles me. He's from Preston, father played for them and has always supported them. He went on to win countless trophies with Liverpool and always talks with fondness about his time here at the Albion whenever asked. Yet some people get an outraged boner if he doesn't mention us all the time as if he's personally disrespecting them.

It baffles me too. Lawrenson hasn't ignored the fact he played for Brighton, and YouTube videos have been played on NSC numerous times where he speaks with fondness about us. He has been to the Amex many times including our first competitive game here in 2011.
Any outrage at him is simply in the own persons mind, not an emotion based on facts.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I have no issue with Lawro other then he’s another piss poor pundit handsomely paid yet knows sod all about teams outside the top 6.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Crodo's mate Alec Scott is also predicting that we're loose :dunce:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How needy are some people that they get personally offended by a pundit making a prediction?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

Couldn't agree more El Pres. I said much the same on the other thread (28th August 1346).

Lawro is one of the greatest players ever to play for us and because he doesn't fawn all over us and dares to predict us lose, he is vilified. Laughable.

So predictions make some people angry. Man, I wish that was all I had to worry about.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How needy are some people that they get personally offended by a pundit making a prediction?

Well, people get offended by strangers voicing opinions (on here and on social media) that are different to their own, so I'm not surprised!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love how OUTRAGED Lawrenson fawners are that other posters enjoy pointing out that Lawro has us down to lose again. As US said he predicted us for about 11 points last season :lolol:

Sorry, carry on fawning and scratching your heads on threads discussing Lawro’s predictions

As for the fact that he has done better than his guests, errr he’s a football pundit, most of the guests are Z list celebrities who probably don’t have that much interest in football anyway. Of course he’s going to do better than them most of the time :rolleyes:

FWIW I quite enjoy listening to him talk football so I have no axe to grind with him, just makes me smile that he has us down to lose (or at best draw) virtually EVERY game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here