Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Very loud aircraft(?) around 5-45am this morning?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Someone on the Eastbourne facebook page said it was a tanker and a couple of F15s.
As I understand it, they fly low to avoid the commercial airway routes so to go back to Mildenhall or Lakenheath they might have to take a somewhat circuitous route.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Someone on the Eastbourne facebook page said it was a tanker and a couple of F15s.
As I understand it, they fly low to avoid the commercial airway routes so to go back to Mildenhall or Lakenheath they might have to take a somewhat circuitous route.

They transition using specific routes, I've never known of them flying south of London. And they typically fly during 'office' hours so I'd say very unlikely to be F15s...

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Southwick Hill tunnel WAS closed.
Just saying

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I didn’t hear this the other day but about 10mins ago (4:40ish) something loud went over - didn’t sound like a ‘normal’ plane / planes. Lasted quite a long time. It sounded to me like it was really high up? ��

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I didn’t hear this the other day but about 10mins ago (4:40ish) something loud went over - didn’t sound like a ‘normal’ plane / planes. Lasted quite a long time. It sounded to me like it was really high up? ��

I’m glad you heard it too - I thought I was dreaming

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here