Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rain

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The A23 northbound was an absolute SLAG this morning. Hold-ups all the way, especially approaching Hickstead. It took me nearly 1.5 hours to get from Portslade to HH.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The joys of living in a mainly clay area means my garden is now a lake.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Appears that the River Uck has burst its banks in Uckfield. Waitrose carpark now filling up (carpark itself doubles as flood defense, apparently today will be the first time it gets properly tested since the flood defenses were built).

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
It has just started raining again near Horam, looks like I will have to give up any hope of getting on with laying a new path in the garden.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It has just started raining again near Horam, looks like I will have to give up any hope of getting on with laying a new path in the garden.
Its not just me then, I had some slabs delivered on Monday and its rained ever since.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
59mm of rain has fallen so far this month here. An average month is 67mm with the wettest month of the year being November at 95mm. It’s been wet so far this month but certainly not looking to be exceptional. It has been unusually dry for such a long time hence why it seems wet, wet, wet now?
i was in South Africa in April , they had 340mm of rain in one night .......man up ffs....!!

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
if you cant work in the rain you have no future......get on with it .
If you don't realise that laying a path in a flooded garden is a bad idea, then you have no future.

A bit of wet weather doesn't hinder all pursuits though, so my recommendation here (as for most things) is to head to a pub instead.

cheers.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you don't realise that laying a path in a flooded garden is a bad idea, then you have no future.

A bit of wet weather doesn't hinder all pursuits though, so my recommendation here (as for most things) is to head to a pub instead.

View attachment 153352
And you don't even have to get up to go to the toilet.

Marvellous scenes.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
And you don't even have to get up to go to the toilet.

Marvellous scenes.
And when your pint of Harveys is finished... just stay in your seat, scoop away and you'll never notice the difference!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have been a builder for 50 years, and have worked in all weathers, but at the age of 70, I reckon I am now entitled to pick and choose when I work.
couldn't agree more mate ....at 70 you should be relaxing , fishing , golfing , clogging up arterial routes with your caravan and getting booted out of quiet country pubs for being inhebriated ...x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here